Bart - Nov. 2011 to Dec. 21, 2014

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

jumbo male rat *SNAKE OWNERS WELCOME!*

Date Listed 26-Apr-13
Last Edited 26-Apr-13
Price $2.00
Address Hamilton, ON, Canada
View map
Offered By Owner

This rat is rather large in size.
He would be a good pet as he don't bite nor does he mind being handeled. Or could be lunch for someone else. Don't matter need gone asap.
If the ad is up he's still available.
Call or email
Thanks

THIS rat was actually Riley (now a tatty old man) but when Jenny went over to pick him up, she found herself dealing with a "rescue" and there was 3 older boys that were going to be posted as snake food next :( She called me and asked if I wanted them too... *duh*

Bart was the biggest of the black berkshires, and was always a bit standoffish, compared to smaller sweet Noah, and beige Benjamin. In time this changed and once his friends were gone, I became his world.

I took them in August 31, 2013

aug31Bart.jpg~original

In this picture where you can see Bart loves his food, you will also see a cataract forming in his left eye.

Apr514Bart.jpg~original

By December, one eye was completely blind and the other was on its way.

dec10BenandBart2.jpg~original

March 2014, his last pic with his old friend or brother, Benjamin. We had already lost Noah at this time.

Mar814BartandBen.jpg~original

June 2014

Jun1514Bart.jpg~original

Jul2914Bart.jpg~original

His new friend Akemi, who was a couple of months younger and in much better shape.

Aug2614BartandAkemi-1.jpg~original

I had him in for a short time with some younger girls and 2 older ones, and it went well until I found out that the smallest spookiest girl was really a bully and would harrass him. He couldn't see at all so these attacks terrified my old man. He got pulled and became My Bedrat.

Oct914Bartandnonamesmeeze.jpg~original

Bart would hear me come in the door and would slither out from under his pillow and come greet me...I was never sure if it was food or Me he really wanted at first...until he started insisting that he needs to lie curled around my neck while I pat him. :heart:

On Sunday I had a feeling that his time was soon. His breathing was good, there was no signs of illness, just him being quieter, not wanting to eat (he was a piglet!) and really just wanting to be on me. He passed curled up under my chin as he loved to be. :(

Goodbye Black Bart, Bartimus, my little Barty...

Dec1014Bartat37mo2.jpg~original

It's nice when you have so much time with them instead of a short stay in their new home before heading to the Bridge. The bed will seem emptier when he doesn't slide out for his round of snuggles when you come home. How lovely he passed snuggled up to his favorite person, getting loved to the last moment before starting on his journey. :heart:

Back