Elise - Sept. 2011 to Dec. 6, 2014

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

Elise was a little old lady when her owner decided she had to dump her beloved rats. They were in Peterborough, so I contacted Lynds and she picked them up and told me the sad story. Their home all their life was those nasty small red bottom hamster cages, the girls were skinny, tiny, so hungry and thirsty. When Lynds was able to examine them she found a growth on the standard ear girl's nose and we decided Dr Munn needed to see them so with the help of a few people they managed to make it to me in Toronto :)

Here's the funny little growth/tumour

feb19PEWgirl_zps1da3b5d0.jpg

The 2 sisters together (I named them Sophie (dumbo) and Elise (standard ear).

feb19bothgirls_zps3ad67895.jpg

feb19bothgirls2_zpsb1f4a738.jpg

The little mass was removed never to return and the girls began to enjoy their new lives. Unfortunately they were rat aggressive and Sophie had little impulse control and bit me badly near the eye once, and got me a few more times after that. Elise was the spookier girl but they were very happy to run around, and huff at the rats in other cages while doing so. :)

These 2 adored each other and were always kind to each other...very much a Them against the World thing LOL

may15SophieandElise2.jpg~original

may15SophieandElise.jpg~original

We lost Sophie in late September (she was 3 years old) and Elise started to accept other rats :)

Elise made it to 39 months with only two tumours...age was what took my girl from me which is rare.

What lucky, lucky girls to go from a crappy tiny cage to free-roaming, teasing the other rats as they went. I'm glad they had such a strong bond and enjoyed each other's company.
How wonderful Elise lived her whole life, and passed gently on as a little old lady. Sophie will be there to greet her and catch up on all her doin's.

Back