The Tater Tot monster is at it again (TT)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RatPack

So the past few weeks are been hectic here as most of you know but in all the madness I had managed to keep up with Hope's trust training and her slow introduction to TT and Honey which honestly was breeze and they pretty much loved each other right away but I took my time since I learned my lesson with the first two girls raven and ceci and my girls...So last night I finally took the plunge and put Hope in with TT and Honey and of course as I had thought it has gone smoothly....a little too smooth and now TT and Hope are best buds and haven't really left each others side since last night. Today I went to tidy up their cage everything was fine until I went to pet Hope.As soon as TT realized my hand was coming Hopes way she jumped in front of her and bam snatched my finger! She is being very protective of her and refuses to let me go near her...Is there anything I can do to maybe show her that I am not gonna hurt her new buddy or am I gonna have to just remove her everytime I wanna interact with Hope? and also my finger hurts :( :cry5:

Ouch, make sure you cleaned the finger good and watch for infection - they can come on quickly - my Oliver got me once and it turned into cellulitis within hours... Hope your finger feels better soon.

Not sure what to tell you on the other issue. Perhaps use an oven mitt to keep her at a safe distance? You can try time out cage when she misbehaves or goes after you.

Yes I immediately threw hand sanitizer on it while I finished up and then washed it with water and soap good after. A friend of mine was showing interest in adopting her but I don't know if she will be interested after today haha She really is a sweet girl if you can weather out her mood swings :) She still needs to have her teeth trimmed so I will probably try and take her monday and do that depending on if she is done being crazy but I really think she is just being protective of Hope cause I don't think she is feeling that well today.

Oh ouch! She's quite possessive. I would remove her whenever you need to go in the cage or offer her and her buddy a treat. So that way, they will connect you in the cage to treats.

Yea, she is getting coal in her stocking for christmas :) She seems to be a bit better now as long as I move nice and slow so hopefully with treats and kind words she will stop being a brat.

Back