how much time after neuter.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rats en folie

I just got one of my boys neutered. I was wondering how long afterwards should i wait before his hormones start calming down and i can try intros again. I'm going to switch covers from his cage to my mischief cage so they can slowly get used to each others odor.

I was just wondering how long after he's all healed up can i try again :)

Some rats seem to have a change right away. Other rats may take a few months to calm down. I wonder if it's because even though the hormones are gone, it is a learned behaviour that takes longer to get rid of.
I would give him a couple of weeks just to make sure he is healed up, and then carefully try him.

I just got him last friday. He really wasn't that aggressive. He was more dominant. I seen the same traites in him that i seen in my old rat that became aggressive. I didn't want to take a chance and got him neutered right away. He's actually paired up with a 8 week old baby. He's dominant but not aggressive with him.

I just got him last friday. He really wasn't that aggressive. He was more dominant. I seen the same traites in him that i seen in my old rat that became aggressive. I didn't want to take a chance and got him neutered right away. He's actually paired up with a 8 week old baby. He's dominant but not aggressive with him.

Ohhh could be as little as a week or 2 then. :) Just watch his behaviours change :D

FYI....Phoenix's hormones have already claimed down alot!! He's not frantically rubbing himself on everything. :) yesterday and today i switched my mischief intobphoenix's cage and Phoenix into my boys cage. The only boy getting all puffy is my big happy!! Phoenix is doing really good.

His incision is healing extremely well. I couldn't ask for anything better. I'm definately going to try and get all my boys neutered. :)

Ok, I know it hasn't been that long but intros went really good. I have Phoenix the cage with my boys, minus Happy, my more dominant male. Happy just would let him be. There were no problems with the other boys only happy. I thought I'd take him out the picture and once everyone was settled down and really used to each other I would re-introduce him to the gang. Of course with regular out times in the bathtub still.

I'm just hoping I did the right thing.

What do you guys think?

Back