Which cage?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kolkri

I have a The Rat Tower (R-690)24" x 14" x 36" but I removed the top shelf for more room for the rat wheel and toys.
Right now the babies are in my The Rat Cubbyhole (R-660)
24" x 14" x 16"
I want to move them the bigger one but they are not at all tame. I can not pick them up or pet them. Should I wait till they are tame? Or would moving them be ok to the bigger cage? Also is the big cage big enough. Anything bigger might be to hard for me to move and clean up by myself but it is important I can do that.

Think I found my own answer. Ill get them in the bigger cage when the sun comes up in a couple hours. Wish me luck since I can't pick them up.

How long have you had the girls? What are you doing to try to socialize them so far?

How old are they as well? Can you post pics so we can see their body language? Or a video?

Ill see what I can do about a video. They are pretty jumpy. Only Flower my dumbo would take a cheerio from my hand today. And she would eat it and come to me for more. lol Chow hound. Daisy the Tan and White did come get one but was not interested any more cheerios. She did seem to like the cut beans better. Only took one of those but much faster. Rose just hides.

I was told the large one was big enough. /sigh I also have a lot of trouble moving this one around any bigger I would not be able to move it at all.

If what they need is more floor space can this one work?

The Rat Retreat (R-685)

30" x 18" x 24"

Ok never mind. Going to get a critter nation 2 unit for my girls.

Last edited:
Its here. Ill get pictures when we get the time to set up. Did fine out I wont be able to use fleece. My rat girls tear is to pieces.

Back