Meet Ygritte!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was walking in to Petsmart to buy a hospital cage for Jackie Chan, I used to work there, and a managers walks up to me and asks if I wanted another rat. I hesitantly said yes because I said no more. It's heartbreaking to watch these wonderful creatures grow old and sick. She said she had a girlie that was returned and possibly mishandled because she was a biter. She did not like being picked up.How could I saw no especially when they said they were afraid they would have to send her back to Rainbow? She's a sweetheart and is helping me get over the loss of Jackie. I will have her spayed and put her in with my boys.
imagejpg1_zps144591eb.jpg

image_zps6a669c4d.jpg

she is so cute. I hope she comes around she was probably in the wrong home before and in the right one now. A lot of ours come in as biters but never bite, a lot of the tme it is just an excuse. Blame the animal to make them look better for getting rid of their pets.

I hope she becomes one of the many rats labelled as biters who turn out to be really wonderful ratties. She is going to love having a couple of boys to boss around!

It didn't take her long at all to realize that hands might not be that bad. She's not biting anyhow and she seems less afraid when I pick her up.
Haha..yeah I can't wait until she joins them. I just emailed a vet I found listed on the rat fan club. Its kind of hard to find a vet in my area. I also ordered the critter nation add on because it seemed a little cramped with my four boys and she's currently in a ten gallon tank; it was something I could grab quick without much thought and without having to run anywhere else so that I could get back to Jackie Chan. So, she will have the run of that until she joins my boys. She is my first female so that's been interesting.
imagejpg1_zps786e5a9c.jpg

imagejpg2_zps196b0641.jpg
imagejpg4_zpsef9db8bb.jpg

I have always liked the fawn & white combination. She's a doll:love11:!

How awesome that she can have boyfriends & not have to worry about contraception - LoL!:hello:

Back