Wally - snip snip day!!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dspch911

Wally has a date with the snipers on 12/11! That boy has turned into a mean nakie around other males... Hopefully he will become a loving dude like his brother Tucker has since his snip snip and be able to get back together with Tucker and hopefully the other nakies... All he wants to do now is attack any rat he can get to... That means, off with the gonads around here...

12/11 - Snip snip day for Wally .... one less set of naked nads in the house......., but hopefully one less moody nakie!

Wally is gonad free! Site looks good, but he seemed to be in pain this morning so daddy is going to give him some tramadol. The vet gave metacam but its greatly under dosed at .15 so we'll double it tonight when he is due for it. This vet does pretty neuters, but isn't good for meds.

I'm glad he went through the surgery OK. My new guy Toby was done last week. I gave him the max dose of Metacam two days in a row and he seemed to do well with that.
At least Wally doesn't have a funny looking shaved butt! LOL

I'm glad he went through the surgery OK. My new guy Toby was done last week. I gave him the max dose of Metacam two days in a row and he seemed to do well with that.
At least Wally doesn't have a funny looking shaved butt! LOL

The metacam we have is actually from Wally's abscess and the dose on the bottle is .37 - from the other vet so how this one got .15 I have no idea, but like I said he is more into holistics. He is also having knee surgery wonder what he'll pick for himself - pain meds or holistics... We are giving Wally metacam and tamadol to get him over the hump, but he seems to be doing just fine. They also seem to have given him a bath since his buck grease was cleaned off him.

Wally seems to be healing just fine from his gonad removal. Haven't tried to intro him with anyone yet still waiting to make sure those evil hormones are completely gone so psycho boy doesn't attack anyone again. He can strike in the blink of an eye with his nails and teeth - he's not afraid to use either...

You could see how he is with some bars between him and the other rats.
My new guy Toby is very excited but never huffs, puffs or lunges at the other rats. His Christmas present will be intros with the other rats. (3 week sperm wait will be over!)

I have the same problem with my Nakies!
How about arching his back, turning sideways to push his flank against the offender, rubbing against stuff, lunging at the other rat, twitching/wringing his tail...

I have the same problem with my Nakies!
How about arching his back, turning sideways to push his flank against the offender, rubbing against stuff, lunging at the other rat, twitching/wringing his tail...

I can definitely tell from his body movement and behavior. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to, but they make it kind of obvious.

Back