Dude and Squirt

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mia9_28

If anyone remembers the 3 rats I rescued a few months ago, (Tabi is now with Joanne) you may remember that the two boys were brought to the humane society. Well I lost Ezra a little while back, so I was down to 4 babies... and I had been checking the website regularly to see if the two sweeties had been adopted yet... and well you guessed it! I brought them home yesterday!!! They are doing great. Their foster mom did a great job. I am so happy to have them home! I will post the picture the humane society posted of us on their Facebook page when I get home. Everyone there were so happy to see them go home they were basically jumping for joy! :)

Hope this works from my phone!

IMG_18925037959569.jpg

Yay! I'm so glad those boys got to finally come home with you. It was just meant to be.
I hope they are just as silly and sweet as Tabi is. They wouldn't even recognize her now- she has doubled her weight! I'm sure they are looking much better too. Tabi sends her love :heart:

HOME SWEET HOME !
:flowers4U:
So glad! What a nice big smile you have... and I think I see a smile on the boys' sweet little faces too!

Thanks everyone! I love them so much already! I had the easiest first intro ever with my boys. It was a blast! They were all just so happy.

Joanne, it was meant to be! I wish I would have just kept them all along, but wow they did such a great job with them. Squirt has become so much more confident! Dude is still as friendly as ever, just like Tabi! Dude is definitely up there in age, over 2 years, but he looks good. :)

Here's a few pics to show them off. Dude is the black variegated and Squirt is the little Berkshire with the white muzzle stripe.

Dude

Squirt (Dude on my shoulder, Romeo being curious)

Squirt and my girlfriend are best buds

The boys

Squirt and Basil

Dude and Popcorn

Dude smiling

All of them. From front to back: Remy, Popcorn, Dude, Romeo, Squirt, Basil

Bonus picture of Romeo licking the air haha

Alright I'm done showing off my new babies! hehe

Last edited:
Aww, great photos! You can tell that your girlfriend and your sweet ratties have a lot of mutual love going on! Lucky babies! Nothing makes me smile more than seeing happy ratties in a happy home. :)

Thanks!
Yes, she is wonderful with them and it makes me so happy. :)

They are still doing great. This intro was on their playground (my bed), only a few feet away from their cages. This is all 6 of them. :)
Don't mind the mess! hehe

Great picture! By the way, I loved the "bonus picture" of Basil tasting the air with his cute tongue. :D

I am SO happy you adopted your two sweet boys from the Humane Society...giving them a second chance at a beautiful life and a wonderful forever home. So awesome. Rescue is the way to go. :urock: *And your boys are simply adorable and look sooo happy with you both!

Back