Jessica ??? to November 24. 2014

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trihkal

Jessica was a rescue I haven't had much opportunity to get to know. She got sick so quickly I didn't take any pictures but Jessica was a pretty little black hooded sweetheart. She began to leak blood and possibly urine (if not some other substance). We took her to the e-vet right away and my regular vet as soon as possible. It was discovered that she had pyometra. Sadly, there were complications during surgery and Jessica didn't make it.

Jessica had a hard life before coming here. I promised her I would take care of her the way she deserves and that she would live a great life as soon as she was 'all fixed up'. While I realize this isn't about me this death has hit me so hard. I can't help feeling like I failed her.

Goodbye Jessica. I am so, so, sorry.

I am so so so sorry, you did your very best for this girl, and she knows it. Sleep sweet little Jessica. Now was not your time for Rat Heaven on Earth with your new mom. Next time around okay?

Thanks guys. At least she isn't in mental or physical pain anymore. I just wish I could have loved on her for longer. Showed her how she always deserved to be treated for longer. Rest well Jessica. You have taught me how important rescuing is.

I'm sorry you didn't get the chance to spend some time with her and give her the love that was waiting there for her. You did the very best you could; she was just needed at the Bridge more...
RIP Jessica. :heart:

Thanks guys. At least she isn't in mental or physical pain anymore. I just wish I could have loved on her for longer. Showed her how she always deserved to be treated for longer. Rest well Jessica. You have taught me how important rescuing is.

I am so very sorry Trihkal...I know how hard it must have been to lose her so soon and wanting so badly to give her more time with you, to show her how "she always deserved to be treated for longer" as you said. I totally understand.

As the others said, you did not fail her at all...she was loved and felt safe and happy with you, and no matter how long she had, she was still so lucky to be with you, even if it was for too short a time. I know she is happy and resting peacefully at the Bridge, and smiling down at you.

Thanks for all the support you guys. It means a lot especially when it comes to rats as I know you can relate to the way I'm feeling more than most others in my life. I promised Jessica I would adopt a new rescue and treat them the way I wish I could have treated Jessica.

Jessica was a rescue I haven't had much opportunity to get to know. She got sick so quickly I didn't take any pictures but Jessica was a pretty little black hooded sweetheart. She began to leak blood and possibly urine (if not some other substance). We took her to the e-vet right away and my regular vet as soon as possible. It was discovered that she had pyometra. Sadly, there were complications during surgery and Jessica didn't make it.

Jessica had a hard life before coming here. I promised her I would take care of her the way she deserves and that she would live a great life as soon as she was 'all fixed up'. While I realize this isn't about me this death has hit me so hard. I can't help feeling like I failed her.

Goodbye Jessica. I am so, so, sorry.

Having taken in many foster/rescued pets, I know exactly how you feel about making that promise and feeling like you did not live up to it. But let me tell you that animals are very special and I truly believe that they know when they have finally been rescued and are in a safe environment. I'm positive your little one knew she was safe an loved and you did everything that you could for her in the short time that you had her. If that is not love and dedication...then I don't know what is!

We are always here for you Trihkal. :hugs:

And yes, I know Jessica is enjoying herself so much right now...and maybe going on some dinner dates with Achilles, yes? :cheerful: As someone said once, "You never get over your babies you have lost, but you get through it."

We love you sweet Jessica, enjoy your new and happy adventures to their fullest. :flowers3:

Back