Please send my Meeloh good vibes.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KatTheHippie

I know I kind of disappeared after I posted about Pizza's unexpected passing, but I've been dealing with a lot lately. After being run over by a car about a year and a half ago, most days are a battle, sometimes physical, sometimes mental/emotional. I've been under a lot of stress lately, which is causing me a lot of pretty serious panic attacks, and not helping my physical situation very well.

My rats are my therapy animals. They help ease me through the attacks, and just over all help with my PTSD. Even cleaning and rearranging their cage is therapeutic to me in a way. After losing Pizza with little to no warning, I've been struggling a bit more, just missing him. And now I'm super worried about my poor Meeloh.

I went to give everyone their good morning treats, and noticed Meeloh in a box on the bottom shelf of the DCN. That wouldn't be a cause for concern for most of my other guys, but Meeloh ALWAYS sleeps in the hammocks, and is always with at least ONE of his brothers. When I picked him up I noticed that his fur was puffy, and he had a lot of discharge coming from his nose.. I cleaned him up and handed him a cheerio, and he was leaning heavily on his front paws while grasping it, and a decent amount made it out of the sides of his mouth. He was literally fine last night.

I think it's a PT. He's showing all the classic symptoms. Since I live in a small town and Thanksgiving's almost here, it's going to be hard getting him in to the vet.. I've given him pain killers and will be syringe feeding food and water to make sure he's getting SOMETHING in his system. If it is PT I know he doesn't have much of a chance, I just don't want him to be in pain.

Meeloh is just barely a year old. He was given to me as a baby by my vet, who found him in a box on the front steps of the office in the middle of december, half frozen to death. He has so much more time ahead of him.. I'm really hoping that I'm wrong and whatever it is can be treated and he'll pull through.

Rats help with my ptsd too. I lost my heart rat several months ago and this was with no warning so I can relate to a lot of what was said in this post. Thinking of you guys and sending you well wishes. <3

I am so sorry for your loss.
They have such short lives & on top of that, they can have so many odds stacked against them:heart:

I am So sorry for your loss. Its such a terrible shock when you arent prepared. I can tell your babies are loved dearly ,
Best J

Back