6 female rats need to be rehomed - TORONTO ON.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsalltoomuch

Hello everyone,

I've been a member on this forum for a while but I have not been very active. I have been a lover of rats for about three years now, but due to a lot of circumstances of my mental health, I think it is best for me to find a good home for them.

I'm in my second year of university living with my parents. Going through many struggles, dealing with clinical depression, anxiety, seozures, dissociation and possible PTSD. I am not in a good place and I am unable to give my rats the love that they deserve. The first four rats I have had for a while. They are adults.

Oreo is one I adopted earlier last year. She is a sweetie and is very playful and smart. A few months ago she had two Tumors removed and now she has another one. It's been growing quickly and I don't know if it's okay to put a rat through another surgery like that again. She is managing. I'm not sure how old she is but I assume she is going to be 2 soon. She is a dark brown/black with white. She does a lot of barbering.

Merle is white and grey and very cute and shy, and daisy is a big chubby girl that is a beautiful brown with many shades and white. I got them together back around March 2013.

Roxy is my heart rat. She is all powder grey and curly! She has curly whiskers too and she is adorable and chubby. She just turned around one in November.
They all know how to stand up for treats and to spin in a circle if you say spin and do a circle with your fingers. They love fruits and veggies and Cheerios. I feed them oxbow.

The other two rats are ones that I for about a month ago at reptile expo. I couldn't resist and my boyfriend got them for me. They are in a very small temporary cage for now. They were super tiny when I got them. I feel like they were only three weeks old at the time. So now they should be approaching eight weeks I believe. One is a dumbo grey Rex? Some days she has barely any fur and other days she has more. She is patchy haha. We named her slinky. The other one is adorable and tan and white and has one red eye and one black eye. I named her small lady.

It makes me upset just even writing this message, because i never ever want to give my pets away. They help me a lot when I am upset. But I know they deserve better.

I will also give you my double critter nation, (which I will dismantle for you), any extra food and treats I have, and water bottles etc. I don't really want to set a price for them but I have put a lot into them and I'm a university student.. So anything would be appreciated.

If you are interested, please let me know and I'll post some pics too. I'm on my phone right now so I can't do that. I really hope someone is interested .

Hello everyone,

I've been a member on this forum for a while but I have not been very active. I have been a lover of rats for about three years now, but due to a lot of circumstances of my mental health, I think it is best for me to find a good home for them.

I'm in my second year of university living with my parents. Going through many struggles, dealing with clinical depression, anxiety, seozures, dissociation and possible PTSD. I am not in a good place and I am unable to give my rats the love that they deserve. The first four rats I have had for a while. They are adults.

Oreo is one I adopted earlier last year. She is a sweetie and is very playful and smart. A few months ago she had two Tumors removed and now she has another one. It's been growing quickly and I don't know if it's okay to put a rat through another surgery like that again. She is managing. I'm not sure how old she is but I assume she is going to be 2 soon. She is a dark brown/black with white. She does a lot of barbering.

Merle is white and grey and very cute and shy, and daisy is a big chubby girl that is a beautiful brown with many shades and white. I got them together back around March 2013.

Roxy is my heart rat. She is all powder grey and curly! She has curly whiskers too and she is adorable and chubby. She just turned around one in November.
They all know how to stand up for treats and to spin in a circle if you say spin and do a circle with your fingers. They love fruits and veggies and Cheerios. I feed them oxbow.

The other two rats are ones that I for about a month ago at reptile expo. I couldn't resist and my boyfriend got them for me. They are in a very small temporary cage for now. They were super tiny when I got them. I feel like they were only three weeks old at the time. So now they should be approaching eight weeks I believe. One is a dumbo grey Rex? Some days she has barely any fur and other days she has more. She is patchy haha. We named her slinky. The other one is adorable and tan and white and has one red eye and one black eye. I named her small lady.

It makes me upset just even writing this message, because i never ever want to give my pets away. They help me a lot when I am upset. But I know they deserve better.

I will also give you my double critter nation, (which I will dismantle for you), any extra food and treats I have, and water bottles etc. I don't really want to set a price for them but I have put a lot into them and I'm a university student.. So anything would be appreciated.

If you are interested, please let me know and I'll post some pics too. I'm on my phone right now so I can't do that. I really hope someone is interested .

If you reduced your numbers, would your stress go down and you could care for and keep your heart rat? I could take in the 2 baby girls as I have a rescue litter here that is just a little under their age so they would fit right in,

I would try what Lilspaz said. My kid has a lot of issues and I can see the calm when holding rats or a baby mouse. I would hate to see with such a full plate for you not to have the stress reliever moments that pets can have. I am a firm believer in their ability to help take problems away with those little faces.

THis shows how amazing animals can be.
http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/stres...ffice-tidy-cats-will-cure-you-cuteness-161365

I strongly encourage you to consider Lilspaz's offer. I have c-ptsd and I'm on the autism spectrum. I cannot tell you how much my girls have helped me. Do you think keeping 2 would still be an issue? Obviously if you do we'll work something out. Your mental health is most important.

Back