Posting for a friend - URI issues?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonja

Alrighty, this time I'm posting on behalf of a friend of mine who doesn't have a ratshack account yet. xD He recently got a new baby about 3-4 days ago, and noticed symptoms of a URI. Heavy coughing and wheezing, really bad congestion, apparently the poor kiddo sounds like she's constantly trying to clear mucus from her airways. It's definitely not new-home sneezes.

z9638cc.jpg

They have a vet appointment scheduled for Thursday of this week, since that's the soonest that the vet could see the baby, but he'd like to know if there's anything he can do to ease the baby's symptoms between now and then? The baby is about 5-6 weeks of age approximately, and is still very small for that age. The baby is in a separate quarantine cage for now, with paper towel bedding and is on a diet of Oxbow. Weight is unknown as he doesn't have any kind of scale. x.x;

Poor baby. Too bad it's taking so long for the vet visit. At that age, he can go downhill fast. I would have a kettle on near the cage for the steam or bring him into the bathroom and run the shower.

I've asked him for updates since the baby, now Pippa, should have seen the vet today. Last I heard the steam treatments really helped improve her breathing. C:

Back