Rat Shack, Meet Spark - Bearded dragon

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crumbilina

I recently got a bearded dragon, and I adore her! Her name is Spark. At this point, I have taken to referring to her as a "she" even though she could very well be a "he". I have to wait until she is a bit bigger to know for sure
Its a big change from rats, but I have found her personality to shine just like rats. She does the strangest things, and positions herself in the oddest positions, and has funny little quirks similar to those I have seen in the rats.

I would also love some ideas for her enclosure. I have the correct lighting and heat and a nice little perch for her. The humidity is correct from what I have researched. At this point I'm just trying to find something that is aesthetically pleasing that she will like to be in.

I'll stop blabbing about her, here are some pics!

9d37faba5367482372833b5d9271da23.jpg

e6a9bda6a5767a71c5a92320f71fbada.jpg

7711725b4ace153339157cf9ca708a54.jpg

98ba5fea26f041385a77b1d9719bbc2a.jpg

She is so interesting to look at with all the colours and textures in her skin.
It looks like she has her lips puckered for a kiss! LOL

Is she social with humans? I've never really had experience with reptiles and so I don't know if they are just critters to look at or if they play too...

Beardies are so cool! My friend had one that lived to be 12 or 13 years old which I hear is quite old for them! He was super cool and surprisingly friendly with people. He liked to sit on shoulders and would lick your finger nails if you were wearing an interesting shade of nail polish.

I think she can definitely be an honorary rat! They've got similar tails haha

She is social but not in the same way as rats are. She interacts and will chill out on your shoulder, Spark's favourite place is to perch on my thumb. I enjoy her quite a bit. She is a weirdo, just like most/all of my other animals.

Like rats though, they are only as social as you make them. The more you handle them the more social they will be.

LOL But don't wake her up in the middle of the night! She hisses if I try to wake her up. Makes me laugh every single time. Reminds me of me

She's a beauty! I have always wanted a beardie but only have come close once to owning one. I'm not big into reptiles but there is just something about bearded dragons that makes me not mind the scales so much.

Awww - she's adorable! I love beardies too. I love reptiles! At one time I had lots of them. I plan on getting a beardie sometime in the near future when my money is right. I will need to get enclosure & all as I got rid of all my retile supplies long ago. They are about the most chilled reptile around, I think. Congrats :thumbsup:

Back