URGENT:rats need homes/fosters in Toronto. leaving the country

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minnieflower

Unfortunately I'm in a difficult situation right now, and have to get rid of some rats. I've had a death in the family and some serious family health issues that have all struck at the same time. I will be leaving Canada for a while, and may possibly move from Canada for a year or so. I did plan to move in the next few years but I did not expect these issues to pop up. I've had to rethink all of my plans and decide which rats will be flying with me and who will not.

In the next few months I will be travelling a lot, my sister has agreed to take care of my rats for me. She is a pro with meds and I trust her with my rats, but I do not want to overwhelm her. My heart rats are definitely comming with me if I move so those are the rats I'm asking her to keep for me until I figure things out.

I have some girls that will be needing homes, I'm trying to find them all homes before it starts to get really cold and before I start planning my trip. Sterlings rats ill also need homes. I will be PMing her and whoever adopts her girls will have to be approved by her. I wanted to post this now and I will make a list of the rats needing homes. I feel horrible for having to do this, i feel like I've failed my rats, but I have to do whats best for them. Id anyone can adopt some girls or take them and find them homes for me please let me know. I will post a list soon.

I'm sorry you are going through a tough time. Unfortunately I am not close enough to be of any help. Good luck with finding homes - I'm sure a list with pictures would help a lot.

How many rats do you need homes for? How many are in groups? What are the numbers of groups that will be need to be rehomed? What tme frame are you lookiing at? Do you have cages for them? and Post pictures as joanne said it should help :)

The most important ones are sterlings and my mice i took in. I agreed to take in sterlings rats and I want them to be in the best hands possible.

Theres smoosh- dark brown with white belly that comes up the sides. She has a head tilt and needs someone very experienced approved by sterling.
Dita - tiny tumor under her arm shes a fawn broken hooded?
Duchess - beige dumbo rex

Those three are in a group and are sterlings lifers

Arya is a blue berk who is also a lifer. I could try to introduce her to smoosh's group if someone can take all sterlings lifers

Next is juju -fawn hooded ruby eyes
Stella- fawn hooded her eyes are more red than juju and shes more orangey than beige.
Lulu- agouti hooded dumbo rex

Two beige berks with no names, one is more social than the other. All of these girls live together. I can attempt to put the unsocial beige girl with my babies if anyone will take the others in pairs

The mice i would like to go to someone that will give them a chance and not give up on them as two are sick and VERY hard to medicate. Theres five of them, one is severly overweight, two are completely friendly they others are scared of people. Ill posy pics soon but if anyone can help please let me know. I have a few others, but I'd like to work on these ones first. I have cages but i might not have enough cages if everyone goes in pairs. I can try to figure it out

So I've figured out what I have to work with. I have a single ferret nation for sterlings lifers.

I also have a chinchilla cage, Alt and rat resort for the girls if they go in pairs. The mice were given to me in a super small hamster cage, i have them in one of sterlings carriers she gave me because it isnt all plastic. I could give those cages but they will need a new cage。 i'll hve pics tonight and my my time frame is really urgent I'd like to have all of the above in new homes by the end of this week.

Last edited:
Arya (free ranger, very easy to intro in my experience )
34cc6145a0af0e402b6f5464b8cceac8.jpg

Lulu (bottom) and Stella (top)
fb2eae6d1879d16e0019550d60dfd089.jpg

Better shot of Stella
710fb647a266cc24e93208601fd9a8f8.jpg

Juju
988456b7f8895dac8cac670110dd3742.jpg

Dita
e8d7d5a1ddf9619e7e10eaa051c5d4e9.jpg

Duchess
70bfc96a7cae1ac0aedbfd564828a466.jpg

Smoosh
a46869cfe5309d39918fce9e7cb65949.jpg

I'm happy to announce smoosh,dita and duchess are going to lilspaz. :) they're going to have the best home ever.

Now we have the healthy young girls that need homes or fosters. The mice i doubt will find a home but if anyone is interested in them please let me know. :)

Hi sorry i havent been on here to reply. Everyone has found a home. :) an awesome rescue in toronto said she would take the mice and any rats for me and the mice would be medicated and taken care of. And lilspaz took the three girls. Thank you to everyone willing to help :)

I haven't been on here much as I'm going through a difficult time right now. But I want to again thank everyone that helped me rehome my girls.

I have left my heart rats to the very end as I'm having a really difficult time choosing through them. I'm leaving on December 3rd so I am running out of time. I hate the feeling of deciding my favourites when they all mean so much to me. I have 17 young/ baby rats to choose through. I will be keeping most of them but I unfortunately will have to rehome a few. If anyone is looking for babies or can take some in/foster please let me know. Even if you just have some advice for me it would be greatly appreciated.

I really would like these rats to go to people from the forum. Even though some of them have only been with me for a week or two I am very attached to them. These are my babies and I'm really in a tough spot right now.

Back