Gift Card Fundraiser- Easy Way to Help a Charity- and a Rescue!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratluver

The Travelin' Rat will be doing a gift card fundraiser this holiday season. TTR gets the cards at a discount and will be selling them at face value, plus 50c shipping. The whole idea of our supporters buying these cards, in addition to any given as gifts, would be for individuals to pay for whatever they normally buy with gift cards instead of using cash or credit cards. So if you buy groceries or Starbucks drinks or gas or whatever with a gift card, you are helping a charity just by switching your payment method. AND- you can help both The Travelin' Rat AND a rescue! The rescues that have registered with us have sent us their wishlists. If you would like to purchase gift cards from us and have us mail the cards directly to the rescue, we will eat the Paypal and shipping costs! Our whole purpose is to help the rescues, and if we can encourage that in any way, we will! :)

To help The Travelin' Rat by ordering gift cards for yourself, friends, or family, please go to our Gift Card page:
http://thetravelinrat.weebly.com/gift-cards.html

To help The Travelin' Rat and one of our registered rescues by ordering gift cards for a rescue, please go to our Gift Cards for Rescues page:
http://thetravelinrat.weebly.com/gift-cards-for-rescues.html

If there are any questions, don't hesitate to email [email protected]. Thank you for helping us- and the rescues!

Just to add to this, the gift cards are in US funds. I spoke with Amazon, no problem to use a card in US funds anywhere they ship. I use my US Starbucks card in both the US and Canada. I am sure most stores are like this and I'm willing to contact any and ask if someone from outside the US is interested.
Thanks!

Thanks Petunia- sure hoping it works well! :) (I had to play with Paypal buttons and such and wish there was a way to make it a bit smoother, but this should work!)

If you normally shop for groceries, gas, Starbucks, or whatever else with a credit card or cash, would you consider switching to a gift card instead? If so, that could help us out with our gift card fundraiser this season!

Gift cards do make great gifts. And nice little stocking stuffers or a nice gesture for your employees or customers (there are plenty of $5 cards to choose from for little gifts). But they can also be used in place of cash or credit card at the stores you plan to shop at for presents or groceries or anything else you need this holiday season. Would you consider buying any cards from us for everyday use? Or any cards for gifts? We'd really appreciate it! (I already got my Starbucks card, so I'm all set!)

We are trying to help rescues the best way we can. Those of you who are doing the really hard job of saving and caring for all those lives. Money raised from this fundraiser- you got it- goes to the rescues we help. You can see on the list of available gift cards what percentage of each card sold we earn. On top of that, we have asked the rescues who registered with us what gift cards they can use. If you buy gift cards through us, we'll send them to the rescue you specify, saying that it was a donation from YOU. This way, both TTR AND rescues get some help this holiday season!

We're putting in our second order this Monday, November 24, so we're hoping people are interested in buying some cards this weekend, either for themselves, as gifts, or for the rescues. If we can get an order of $500 or more by Sunday, the cards will be shipped to us for free, which means more money for the rescues!

Unfortunately we could not get the Paypal buttons to do exactly what we wanted so we had to add 50c per card for shipping to you (which is waived if you buy any gift cards for the rescues). If you are buying a lot of cards, are outside of the US, or if you have any questions or problems with trying to buy them, please email [email protected]. We'd really like for this to be a successful fundraiser, and we'd love to be able to send some gift cards to the rescues!

Please note that the gift cards are in US funds. Amazon.com has stated that there is no issue with someone outside the US using a gift card with US funds on it as the website converts to local currency, as long as Amazon delivers to that location. Starbucks in Canada will convert US funds to Canadian and we assume most other merchants are like this, but we will check for you if you are outside of the US and want to buy any cards from us.

Ordering information, including how to help the rescues, is on this page:

Thank you so much for your help this holiday season!

We're doing one last ordering before the holidays and that's approaching soon! Ordering from us helps The Travelin' Rat to help rescues even more, but ordering cards from us for our registered rescues REALLY helps us help rescues! Philly Rat Rescue, our Rescue of the Month, has a gift card wishlist with us!
*Don't hesitate to email if you have a question or problem ordering*

Back