Calm down females?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fusion200

They are so active that they have to wear leashes just so that I wont loose them (atleast two of them are not allowed to free range without that on), as I am a very slow person.
How will they get cuddlier or atleast calmer? At first I got girls cause I thought they would learn tricks easier, but now I start to think that atleast some of them that I have a too quick and will get lost in my hands, tips?

Females are a lot more active than males. My girls will be 2 in March and they are still as active as they were as babies. Do you not have a room you can let them run in that is safe? I use the bathroom. It gives them room to run around but they can't get out and there is nothing they can get lost in. I also have a playpen and a playpen made out of coroplast.

How old are your girls? My rats male or female start to slow down at about 18 months old. Can you have them in an enclosed room, let them run and explore like in the bathroom so that it's safer and easier for you to catch them when it's time? To "catch" them, have a special treat with you and get them to go find it in a box.

is the floor area sectioned off so that they can't get under furniture, etc?
if you have an area that is play safe, and they are just hiding inside toys and other things you have out for them to play, that's not unusual.

they'll do that til they feel safer. the more they are out, the more comfortable they'll feel being out

Back