Took in 14 rats, will need adopters LOL

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

Long story and once my computer/internet is up and running properly at home, I have done my backlog of 4 memorials, etc...I will put up more details.

Suffice it to say, check back later for cuuuute pics.

I took in a young male (the baby daddy), a young and very scrawny female who has literally milked the flesh off her bones, and her 12 TINY 3 week old babies...their size is what I would consider right for a 9 day old baby, their eyes have just opened, and they range from 16-22 grams. They are adorable mini babies. :heart:

I can put up 3 pics quickly, but more (and their sad story) will go up later on.

Dad - 349 g

Oct3114daddy3.jpg~original

Oct3114daddy.jpg~original

Crazy biter momma - 210 grams and bony

Oct3114youngbitermom3.jpg~original

Oct3114youngbitermom.jpg~original

babies!!!

Oct3114babyat21daysand18grams.jpg~original

Oct3114babies.jpg~original

All of them beside a small nail polish for comparison

Oct3114twelvetiny21dayoldbabies.jpg~original

and all of them in the XL Timmies cup. Best cup pic evah!

Oct3114babiesinacup.jpg~original

Off to buy KMR tonight, have ensure, baby cereal etc at home already.

Dang those babies are teeny! It's funny even at that age they know the best spot to be is on the bottom. You think the babies are so bad off they need KMR?

That butt diving in that cup is a shelagh classic for sure. You always have perfect timing with catching the crazy shots.

Changed my mind sexed them tonight. 7 boys, 5 girls.

Males - black berk, 2 PEW, 2 agouti berk, agouti cap with headspot, agouti cap with spots on his back.

Girls- 3 PEW, 1 black notch cap, 1 blue notch cap.

Oh my that little leaper's butt trying to squish in. They are so s for 3 weeks!
Momma is a beauty and daddy is so cute but I am a softie for agouti boys.

Ie I have Tatiana (mom) out for breakfast, got bitten twice already, so then I of course picked her up for forced cuddles and kisses while standing up. They get more worried about being high up then of biting you.
She's very anxious and is going to take time (and bandaids).

I weigh her daily and she's gone from 210 g to 242 g. She's starving but could also have more babies coming in a week's...sigh.

Last edited:
GREAT news! Just texted Monica, the former owner and she told me that as soon as she saw Daddy mating, figured out what it was and how was. A male he was removed. NO more babies coming!!!!

Oh those babies are precious! If there was any way to get a girlie down to Wyoming I'm sure Alex would consider taking one, but that's a long drive. X.x I'm in love with that blue girl though!

Back