New to the forum (WARNING: feeder talk)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lore

Lore Rattery
I'm not great with introductions so I figure that I will just jump right in. I'm a bit blunt so please understand that anything appearing harsh is just the way I speak.

I've owned rats for the past seven years, had many good and bad moments with these beautiful and intelligent creatures and even greater ups and downs with the community. I'm likely to not be the favorite because I have a tendency to ask things that make people uncomfortable. I like to know everything I can about the rats I share my home with and any way to improve rats in general is something I am interested in.

I currently have four rats, one male and three females.

EDIT: Now adhering to rules.

Last edited:
This forum is solely a rescues based community, and as such the mention of breeding in any form is likely to upset many.

We do respect the preferences of reptile owners in wanting to get a good source of food for their pets. However, here is not a place we are comfortable talking about it. We use this forum as a safe haven for those who have PURELY the RAT'S fortune and happiness in mind, and that would not include any intended for food.

I appreciate your afterthought in consideration of the forum rules. I would give you friendly advice that we are quite strict about adhering to them so that there is always a safe place for rescue rat friends to come.

This forum is solely a rescues based community, and as such the mention of breeding in any form is likely to upset many.

We do respect the preferences of reptile owners in wanting to get a good source of food for their pets. However, here is not a place we are comfortable talking about it. We use this forum as a safe haven for those who have PURELY the RAT'S fortune and happiness in mind, and that would not include any intended for food.

I appreciate your afterthought in consideration of the forum rules. I would give you friendly advice that we are quite strict about adhering to them so that there is always a safe place for rescue rat friends to come.

Thank you, I have edited anything that is against the rules or a touchy subject out. I will keep that in mind when I am going through the forums.

I am very grateful for your wording and apologize if anything stated was offensive to you or others that have read through. I saw all of the rescue posts but I wasn't aware that this was strictly a rescue site and I can understand where the rule comes from, in that case.

I wanted to say thank you for being so responsible, following the rules, and editing your posts to make sure no one was offended, and no rules were broken. Though some here won't like what you're doing, I thank you for practicing humane methods for all animals involved, and treating all of your rats, including the ones being bred for feeders, with love and care, and providing them with happy lives.

I agree, we'd love to see pictures of your rats :)

No problem crumbilina!

Joanne, Blueskyy and KatTheHippie, I attached the images of my three girls and Czar here. Czar is the black Berkshire boy, Monarch is the American Mink hooded girl, Fae is the beige hooded girl and Pixie is the Berkshire Siamese ("triamese") that looked like a beige self when she was younger. She's still molting into her points and is prettier every day. <3

thumb1_rattieczarsnuggling-249.jpg
<- Czar in his favorite blanket
thumb1_rattiethreegirls-253.jpg
<- Monarch, Fae and Pixie.
thumb1_rattiefaepixiesnuggle-250.jpg
<- Fae and Pixie
thumb1_rattiepixieaftermolt-252.jpg
<- Pixie (her points are developing!)
thumb1_rattiemonarchspoon-251.jpg
<- Monarch eating her share of the blueberry and strawberry oatmeal :]

Thank you KatTheHippie, I just don't like offending people but I do want to be in touch with the rat community so I can share pictures and get help when help is needed. Even money saving tips or medications for my babies (especially where to order medications without a prescription!) can be extremely helpful. Before anything, my rats are my pets and I do love them. <3

RattieCzarsnuggling.jpg

Rattiefaepixiesnuggle.jpg

Rattiemonarchspoon.jpg

rattiepixieaftermolt.jpg

rattiethreegirls.jpg

Thank you!

That particular picture is the lock screen on my cell phone, I love it so much. <3 Pixie is extremely hyper so it is crazy to see pictures where she is still and calm. Her baby sleeping pictures are some of my favorite, I find myself reminiscing about her being younger a lot.

Back