New rescue coming soon!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KatTheHippie

A few days ago I was contacted through Facebook by a teenage boy who has an aggressive rat. He has 4 total, and his other three are lovely, and all get along fine, but the fourth is apparently aggressive, and attacks both him, and the other rats. The first two were raised together, and when he adopted the second two and introed them together, everything was fine until about two months ago.

It's sad because you can tell that he really loves his rats, he just doesn't have the time, money, or experience to really work with a special needs case, so for his sake I agreed to take him.

His name is Lou, but I think I'll be changing it. He's a standard pink eyed white, which is my favorite type, so I'm excited about that.

We'll see just how bad he is when I get him. A neuter is probably going to be in order for this little fella, I believe! I'll post pictures and a follow up when I get him, in the next few days :)

:toothy1: Yay a PEW!!! I hope he's as great as our aggressive biter Clark - if so, watch out for the tongue it might lick you to death!! Clark just needed a neuter too, but he was never mean - he's just AWESOME! Did you were take in that baby nakie and how is that sexy Dover doing?

:toothy1: Yay a PEW!!! I hope he's as great as our aggressive biter Clark - if so, watch out for the tongue it might lick you to death!! Clark just needed a neuter too, but he was never mean - he's just AWESOME! Did you were take in that baby nakie and how is that sexy Dover doing?

Thanks everyone! I can't wait to meet the little guy either, we'll see what happens when I get him home. I'm hoping he won't be as bad as he seems, just a little scared and misunderstood (He's a pet store boy, so I'm sure he was never properly socialized.) Nothing that jamming him down my sweatshirt for a few hours a day, spoiling him with yummy treats that need to be licked off my fingers, and getting those dangly bits chopped off won't fix :thumb up:

Dover's doing great! His second birthday just passed earlier this month. His eye acts up every so often still, but it gets cleaned out often and never seems to bother him, just me, haha.

I didn't end up adopting the hairless baby from my friend, because I figured 6 were enough for me to be dealing with, haha. Besides, he was in good hands with Sam, it was just a nice offer of her since I've always wanted a hairless dumbo. This boy is a special case though, and if a ratty is ever in dire need, as this little one is, then I can always manage to squeeze him in somewhere!

I think I may name him Ivan.. I like the sound of it.

It's official! Ivan (Currently Lou but not for much longer!) Will be here around 3 tomorrow afternoon! I can't wait! I'll be sure to update with pictures tomorrow afternoon!

Back