10 mo old black hoodie gal in ham cage - FREE toronto

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-free-pets-do...at/1026625123?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

FREE pet rat City of Toronto Toronto (GTA)
Date Listed 19-Oct-14
Address Scarborough, ON M1G
Offered By Owner

I have an approximately 10-month-old unspayed female fancy rat. It's not fair for her to just stay in a small hamster cage and no one to play with. She's not being handled often and not socialized much so she's quite timid when someone tries to pick her up. She will bite if startled. Other than that, she's playful, healthy, keeps her food/sleeping areas clean, and lets you stroke her when she's calm.

It's better if she finds an owner that would give her plenty of playtime and gets to roam free. If you have a bigger cage and would like to have her as an addition to your rat family, then she's yours.

$_20.JPG

Last edited:
I heard back from the ad poster and she says that the rat is still available. Please contact her via e-mail at Tau [email protected] and her name is Dawn. She is near the Scarborough/Golf Club Rd area.

Right now I have too many rats and an old sick female rat or else I'd take this one. I'm hoping that someone who may have room can e-mail the ad poster at the e-mail addy I mentioned above and adopt the rat.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-free-pets-do...14/1026625123?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

NEW Ad, above email not valid anymore, can only get her through kijiji ad I guess?

I have an approximately 9 or 10-month-old unspayed female hooded rat. She's not being handled often and not socialized much so she's quite timid when someone tries to pick her up. She will bite if startled. Other than that, she's playful, healthy, keeps her food/sleeping areas clean, and lets you stroke her when she's calm.

Our beagle has a prey drive so Mousey has never been let loose in the house.

It's better if she finds an owner that would give her plenty of playtime and gets to roam free. If you have a bigger cage and would like to have her as an addition to your rat family, please bring your pet rat along to meet and greet.

I am at Ellesmere/Scarborough Golf Club Rd area.

*Note: My e-mail address at Rat Shack Forum is no longer valid

I hope that nobody e-mailed the ad poster to lecture her about the small cage :-( That kind of thing will just scare people off and not help the rat find a new home.

The ad poster sent me an e-mail today asking if anyone from the RatShack would be willing to adopt her rat. Since the people here are pet rat lovers they wouldn't need to bring their rat for a visit to adopt her rat.

If you can help give the rat a forever home, please message me and I will e-mail her and get you in touch with her to arrange things? She will keep the rat until a suitable home can be found.

Thanks =^.^=~

Last edited:
Since my old female rat passed away I got in contact with the lady in Scarborough with the rat named "Mousey" and she will be bringing her to me. I'm going to introduce her to my other female over time so they can eventually become cagemates.

Back