Someone near Halifax selling "rat farm"! Heard of them?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lap rats

This is in Sackville Nova Scotia.
There are pictures.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-pets/c...ts/1025975933?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

32 breeding bins!!!
There's no way i can take them all! But i was thinking about seeing if i could buy just a couple to add to my family.
I answered the add to ask a few questions, and they said they've been selling them as pets and feeders.
The name was Toby Max and the email address 'the copy guy'. Does this ring a bell with anyone. Is this someone i should stay away from? I really want to help out a few rats, but i'm really nervous!

This is something I'd call the city health inspectors on, as there must be a limit to how many animals are kept in a dwelling/house. I'd call the SPCA on these jerks too! It's pet mills like this that need to be shut down and there ought to be a laws to prosecute this kind of animal cruelty! D:

That said, if you can rescue some, please do.

Well, i know we shouldn't be 'supporting' these kinds of places, but i did go get 3 of them (all my cage will allow).

The man's only been doing this for 6 months (sounds like he bought it from someone else). He thought he could sell them to pet shops, but they already have someone they get their rats from. He's finding it's too much work, so he's trying to sell everything.

I think he just doesn't realize this is cruelty. People need to be educated about this stuff. (And things like not keeping them on pine.) He even had some young males and females together, and i suggested if what he has is already too much work for him, maybe he should make sure no other females get pregnant. The room smelled really bad. :(

I feel so bad for them. I just wish they could all find good homes, and those horrible torture racks be destroyed. Who makes such contraptions! Poor beautiful rats. :cry5:

Last edited:
Back