Have no idea whats going on.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lizzie_x

The boys have never done this before. Granted, they play and fight with each other though generally calm down after a few minutes. There's only been one occasion that any of them have injured each other and it was quickly dealt with. However, I'm sitting here tonight and my two oldest boys, Nexus and Bane are going at it. They're squealing and wrestling and, though there's no blood, it making me nervous. All of them seem to be extremely energized at the moment. Even went to extend my hand with some cheerios and, in the moment, get bitten lightly by one of them in excitement. Is this normal? Should I be concerned? If so, what should I be doing to address the issue?

I got all three of them as babies and have had them for a few months now, so I can't assume they're very old though I couldn't tell you their exact ages. As for the dynamic of the cage, I haven't noticed it change except for tonight and now they seem to be settling down though just a little. They've always gone at each other and squeals are heard every so often as they wrestle which I assume is normal, but never to this extent. It sounded like WWIII but none of them seem to have obtained injuries.

Yeah, I generally do. I haven't had time the last couple of days because I've switched my work schedule. I'll set some time aside tomorrow to tucker my babies out, but should I be concerned for tonight?

If they are not causing any wounds or gashes, I wouldn't be worried. If they are about 5 months old, that is the age for the males to set up the hierarchy. They should settle down soon enough.

Back