2nd Urgent Call for help - Simcoe/Branford

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ratanist

Long Time Junior Member
I have received this call for help twice now at the Small Animal Rescue Society of BC. Hopefully there is someone closer who can help.

"From: neil cole <[email protected]>
Date: 1 October, 2014 6:29:33 AM PDT
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>,
Subject: 2nd msg urgent plz help&#8207;&#8207;

14 mature rats desperately in need of home(s) 12 rats if taken in twos would only need 6 adoptions- i have no choice - my landlord got wind and has kicked me out because of their presence in resident's- they have been well taken care of- i even had a tumor removed - yet fate has fallen heavily on my fuzzy little angels!!!!!! plz leave msg 519 428 5255 or call 226 440 2479 or msg me on here- under the circumstances i have almost no time before they are hauled off to spca or worse- i feel terrible!- simcoe Ontario just outside of Brantford plz help!!!! inbox me plz or share in groups or w.e. sorry thank you."

It's illegal to evict a tenant due to pet ownership in Ontario, even if there is a 'no pets' clause in the lease. Exceptions being if you have an animal that is a danger to others, severe allergies etc.

http://www.ontariotenants.ca/law/law.phtml#Q6

Perhaps you could let them know this and encourage them to seek a tenant advocate if their landlord is going to fight them on it. The landlord will lose since what they're doing is illegal.

Is there any way you can get a picture of each rat? I may be able to find a few homes, I have a few good friends that are lookig for rats and I have no more to adopt out. I also may be,able to take a few.

I think it would make more sense for people in Ontario to contact him and try to help with this, which was why I included his phone numbers and email address in the post. I would not normally do that but the situation sounds really desperate and urgent. Please do contact him directly with information on renters rights, local rescue resources, and requests for photos... anything that you think may be helpful.

I emailed him, I'll update when I hear back. Can anyone here adopt or foster rats? I doubt hes going to fight his landlord on this so we can try to find these rats homes before hand.

I emailed him, I'll update when I hear back. Can anyone here adopt or foster rats? I doubt hes going to fight his landlord on this so we can try to find these rats homes before hand.

Get the Big List (Sex,age,colours, who is with who, etc) and then we'll see what we are dealing with. Ask for pics as well.

Also if any are old, sick, special. Needs

If the person actually cared about the rats they would fight it. Its illegal, plain and simple. I have seen a lot of people use this excuse then admit later that they just don't want them anymore. I'd be concerned about the shape they are in. He doesn't care enough to fight for them, does he care enough to look after them?

If the person actually cared about the rats they would fight it. Its illegal, plain and simple. I have seen a lot of people use this excuse then admit later that they just don't want them anymore. I'd be concerned about the shape they are in. He doesn't care enough to fight for them, does he care enough to look after them?

I see that you are from that area. There is a very good chance you are right about him, but it would be great if you could find out and let us all know.

Thanks!

Maybe this is true but does it make the rats any less needy than the feeder breeder in Oshawa having to move, dumping her stock AND asking for money?

Last edited:
Im pretty sure Lilspaz is from toronto they might be able to find you something.

Last edited:
Lilspaz i was reffering to remy wanted to find a rat near brantford/simcoe, Remy do you have facebook i might be able to help you out. Just dont go to paulmacs.

Back