Tabitha:Update: Sept 28, 2015

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanne

So Tabitha was picked up the last week in August by Mia9_28, a feeder breeder that was in with two boys. The local Humane Society agreed to take the boys, but refused the female when they learned she was possibly pregnant.
I agreed to take her in, knowing she might have been preggo. She displayed a big belly right from the start, so we were a bit concerned. Her initial weigh in was 185g. Each day she was weighed and she kept gaining and gaining. Then she plateaued at 350g, and almost three weeks from her rescue she finally showed the sure signs of being in heat. There would be no more litters for this little lady.
She is very energetic and active, always curious about things. She will snuggle for short bursts and is the best bruxxer I have ever had. I have also discovered she is a rodentist! She will stick her whole head in my mouth and give me a checkup and cleaning. LOL
I started intros with my group of nakies when I knew she wasn't pregnant. It wasn't going too badly until yesterday when her tail was bitten several times. :(
So she got a dose of Metacam...
Anyway, she is out by herself with me for a few days until her tail heals a bit before hanging with the monsters again.
Some pics from tonight:

337e61dd3c8160bacc9a5332123af3c2.jpg

363c68da516988f3f2b46da7e893fa1f.jpg

ETA
The link to her original thread:

http://www.ratshackforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30863

Last edited:
Oh Joanne, what a great post! So happy for Tabitha, getting a second chance at a great life! And she is a rodentist (you lucky!) and the best bruxxer you have ever had, wow...I think Tabitha is very grateful to you and happy...she knows she hit the ratty jackpot and she sure is showing it! A very lucky and pretty girl. This made my day! I love getting rodentistry check ups and cleanings...I wish my boys had all been more into giving Mom check ups, but they were never much into it. Drats!

(Yikes, I am sorry she got her tail bitten by your other bubs!)

Aww I love her! I have been following her story for a while now. I am so relieved for you guys that she wasn't pregnant but it seems to me she was meant to be with you. I know she will have a great retirement there. Welcome home Tabitha.

Did you name her? Or was that her original name?

Wow she looks wonderful!!! Thank you so much for the update. She is such a pretty little lady, and I agree that she is the best rodentist I had ever met too. She gave me quite a few checkups during her short time here. Hahaha

And Trihkal, her name used to be Snow in her past life. :p

Wow it really makes it obvious when you see the first few days vs now. She looks like s different girl! Her coat is so much more fluffy and her belly looks so much healthier

Aww, that was adorable! And she took the same route every time to get back to her house with her lab block treasure! I love how open and free range this set up is too...so neat to watch her gallop up the ramp into her house to stash her goody! Great video!!

Back