Adira - March 2012 to Sept. 23, 2014

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

Adira was the girl who was the reason for these ladies to enter my life. Vic messaged me about her, and showed me her pics. She had a massive tumour hanging off of her, one that no vet would touch except Dr Munn. She and her sister were unadoptable where she was so after a short time my friend/foster/transporter Jenny drove me to do a halfway to meet Victoria and the girls to bring all 4 of the home.

This pic told me so much about this little tumour girl, she was NOT giving up.

Feb1214Montrealtumourgirl.jpg

Feb1214Montrealtumourgirl2.jpg

Victoria took them home and fostered them until the transport, so I never actually met them until another 10 days had passed.

Feb2314Adira.jpg

Two days later, she went in and had that monster tumour removed :)

She showed the lovely pica reaction to the buprenorphine injection she got post-op..

Feb2514Adiraandpicapostsurgery.jpg

My vet did her sisters surgery 2 days later and Adira seemed to be healing up well and was learning how to walk again without her huge tumour. Then my vet left for several weeks and Adira's issues started that weekend. The incison over the bone in her hind leg started changing and opened up...she ended up with a vet in a different city thanks to Jenny again, but they suggested that it should heal by 2nd intention, unfortunately it didn't. It seemed to be healing slowly, but she would chew it and it would bleed, there was some infection smell which we fought back, and then she developed a swelling under her chin. Back to the vet again, where we figured out that Adira's leg was most likely a tumour, and the jaw issue ended up also being a tumour right down to the bone. There was little we could do and she was happy so I kept her comfortable. Then suddenly she developed PT symptoms, the last of the 4 sisters to develop them and she didn't respond to treatment. My beautiful lumpy baby had developed several more tumours...one on her foreleg, several small mammary tumours and a lump over her shoulder blades...this poor girl genetically never had a chance but she loooved her sisters and was very happy until the PT gave her that vague expression. She and her sister Valene were both racing for the finish wire, and Adira made it first, passing in my hands at 4 am.

Mar1514Adira.jpg

Mar2314Adirasleg.jpg

Mar2914Adira.jpg

Mar2614Adirahappy.jpg

Jul1914Adira3.jpg

Byeee sweet lumpy girl...

Sep2014Adirainmyhand.jpg

Last edited:
Oh sweet Adira! I'm so glad she got that extra time thanks to you and Dr. Munn. What a lovely little soul. :heart: Rest easy sweet lady!

Back