EMERGENCY !!! FREE retired breeding rats for food only - Saint John NB

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SQ

Senior Member - Vegan for the animals
This is a kijiji ad

EMERGENCY !!! - Saint John NB
Please someone pick them up ... we will figure out something, find homes or get them into SPCA - going ONLY as Live FOOD Now !!!
We can get them to me this week somehow but need picked upo NOW

=======================================

retired breeding rats for food only

i have a few rats are retied from breeding so if you wish to pick them up today only i wont charge a thing for them!

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-pet-accessor...ly/1020643658?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

They are elderly and have tumours.......
They have been used as breeders their entire lives, likely bred back to back for over a year ......
They got to hear their babies eaten alive by snakes ....
and have lived their lives in terror and fear ..... having their babies stolen from them

They should not have their lives end in terror and pain by being eaten alive by snakes

These ratties need to experience love and safety for whatever time they have left ...
and they will need medical care (which I can not afford).
I still do not know how many ........

I emailed the snake owner and am trying to find some way to get them as they are in a different city.

Can anyone help????

Person emailed today he had 2 live and 1 frozen reserved for me.
Said I only wanted live (didn't want to 2 to be killed and frozen) which upset person.
Was afraid to say I only feed live since the person has frozen and said no breeding so maybe care a tiny bit ...
so said I wanted to give the retired breeders a good retirement.

Blew it. Rats are for food only.
Maybe someone else can do better
Hope someone can act fast before they are eaten alive .... person said would feed them to reptiles outside their home :(

Last edited:
No, I can't but thanks
Jane, traveling from Montreal through the states, and through NB was going to pick them up on Monday if he would hold them for me.
Gave her the info to try to get them (see Rat Race on facebook), but if she doesn't you could try to get them and she could pick them up on Monday ... if guy will hold them .... but he knows I had someone from Montreal that was going to pick them up from him on Monday so story would have to be different.

If I email and ask him to hold them until monday could you tell her to say she is me? I can give you my name, email and print screen the conversations so nothing is too suspicious. I think it is worth a shot if someone can pick them up.

These rats were fed to snakes.
No one in NB was willing to help pick them up so that someone else could give them a home.
Therefore they were not picked up in a timely manner and thus, days later, the guy discovered that I didn't want them as feeders

I feel so devastated that this happened ....
I can no longer keep trying to do this alone .... so I give up

Edit in response to Sheldon: These rats were in Saint John. A city in another part of the prov., and it was impossible to get them without help. I am disabled, living in poverty .... so no money for a 4 hour or longer cab drive, and the last I heard, no buses between cities. I tried rideshare and everything and everyone I could think of. What you hear has been desperation and frustration about the suffering of rats in need of help

Last edited:
SQ-

I say this with as much respect as I can. I have been reading every post on this forum every day for some time now. You have always been very passionate about the lives of rats and I commend you on that. I do not know what is going on in your life lately but for weeks now so many of your posts have been judgmental or even angry. You cannot reasonably place your desires and wishes on other people and assume that they have the same priorities. You cannot fairly place shame and blame on persons that did not meet your expectations through delegation of tasks. If it was of the utmost importance to you, I know you could have taken a taxi or bus or whatnot and made it happen. Do not place your self imposed responsibilities on other people and then get disappointed when they don't come through in your eyes. It is emotionally cruel and unjust.

It's times like these I like to reread Jo's poem.
54a59e_76017ff6e99641fd9043248bc2ec5e50.jpeg_srz_p_572_381_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpeg_srz

As much as we would love to we can't save them all. We can make a difference when we can and that's what has to count. Otherwise we would burn out and not be able to help anyone.

SQ you make a difference for many.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing the poem Trihkal and for your kind words.
You touched my heart and I am sitting here crying, well sobbing actually.

Despite what some people think I believe, I am aware that I am about as flawed as a person can be.
It has been painful to learn that there is little I can do alone.
Time after time it has been overwhelming to see people on this forum working together and accomplishing amazing things.

I will copy your post and treasure it.
Jo's poem is certainly something I need to learn.

thank you

54a59e_76017ff6e99641fd9043248bc2ec5e50.jpeg_srz_p_572_381_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpeg_srz

As much as we would love to we can't save them all. We can make a difference when we can and that's what has to count. Otherwise we would burn out and not be able to help anyone.

I'm so glad I could be of some help SQ. I know how hard it can be. That's why I often turn to this poem.

Thank you for sharing the poem Trihkal and for your kind words.
You touched my heart and I am sitting here crying, well sobbing actually.

Despite what some people think I believe, I am aware that I am about as flawed as a person can be.
It has been painful to learn that there is little I can do alone.
Time after time it has been overwhelming to see people on this forum working together and accomplishing amazing things.

I will copy your post and treasure it.
Jo's poem is certainly something I need to learn.

thank you

Greetings from the visitor.

I am wanting to quote this and want to acknowledge the author. Can anyone help identify who wrote it?

Thanks.

Back