Help with sebaceous cyst?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueSkyy

So Rhombus has a cyst on his back.

It's really old and crusty and brown and for lack of a better explanation, looks like a dried up rat poop stuck in a crater in his skin.

Exactly like this:

epidermoidCystSebaceousCyst_8872_lg.jpg

But on a rat. I tried getting under it and squeezing it out but there is not much extra skin and he doesn't seem to like it.

My next plan is to try and soften it a bit and grab onto it with tweezers and pull it out...

Any experience/advice? He won't sit still except when eating Nutrical but I don't want to gorge him on the stuff.

I concur with lilspaz68. Use a warm, damp wash cloth or paper towel and hold it on the area for about 10 minutes morning and evening. This should allow you to pop out the contents when they're ready to come out.

I had a boy with a cyst like this, it did take quite a while to get all the junk out. some of it was really stuck in there, and trying to pull it out with tweezers, even after a good soaking, didn't work, it hurt him so I stopped trying

eventually he cleaned it out himself (and may have had some help from one of his buddies LOL)

Back