Scardey rat!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hakw

One of my ratties (that I've had since June) doesn't like me to hold her or take her out at all. I tried to get all of my girls comfortable with me, but 1 of the 3 really isn't interested. I've given up trying, it just seems to upset her. When I pick her up, her whole body tenses n she will literally jump off of me onto the floor just to b away from me if I'd let her. Is there anything I can do to make her more comfortable with me? Or should I just leave her alone?
f142290edd403c6eaed0cd4c396a8be1.jpg
her name is Dahlia

Suggestion that came up a little bit ago is a bonding bag/sac. A skall cozy sac you can scoop her into that smells like you and her. And once she is really comfy in the bag (will fall asleep, groom, eat treats in it) put your hand in and "cuddle" her with your hand.
It worked so well for my one nakie Doyle. He hated being picked up, now he will let me grab him to put him in the bag and when he's sure its safe he'll climb out.

It's up to you really. You can try and build more trust. joinrats.com have some great suggestions. Or you could leave her be and wait for her to come around. Either way, whatever you are more comfortable with.

Back