Miniel - May 2012 to Sept. 17, 2014

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

"Lady" was originally bought along with her sister by a girl, who got bored of them and was going to let them go outside...in February! Two other girls heard of these plans and each took home a girl to prevent this tragedy. The girl who took Lady then decided she didn't want to keep her either and contacted my friend in the area to see if she wanted her. This girl was the same one who owned the original Midland boys who came to me completely infested with mites and all very sick, so her care was suspect. LA took her in and fostered her while I tried to make pickup arrangements.
LA insisted her name be angelic, so we came up with Miniel. She seemed like such a sweet little thing :D She was just a tiny baby really. Can you imagine this out in the snow in Northern Ontario??

nov11Miniel3.jpg

nov11Minielinmylap2.jpg

On closer examination, Miniel had funny furry bits to her and really was a "fuzz-butt" LOL

nov12Miniel2.jpg

nov14Miniel2.jpg

Miniel really belied her name though, as she was soo sweet with people but other rats were to be attacked and chased and damaged if possible...sigh, another "feisty" girl LOL

She was always very active, curious and very sweet with me at least, but not cuddly until she became quite old, then she would lie on me and sleep all sprawled out :D

jan5Miniel.jpg

mar22Miniel.jpg

mar22Miniel2.jpg

As she got older, she realized that with other rats she wasn't as able to back up her bluster, so she would just avoid them and if they went near her nip at their faces...of course these were my gentle rats so they just left her alone. In the last few months, Bean, Tess and most of all Laury would cuddle up to her and her pinched look of disdain finally became contentment. I never did get a picture of this though :(

Her body aged, but her eyes were always bright and she was always sooo excited when I got home :D

Aug2014Miniel2.jpg

Aug2014Miniel.jpg

After Laury left us, Miniel's expression became distant, and i believe she didn't want to live without her new friend, so 2 days later she followed her. Goodbye feisty one. :heart:

what an interesting life she had. funny that a girl who resisted the companionship of other rats for so long, felt lost without her buddy at the end.

rest in peace Miniel

so sorry for your loss Shelagh

I'm glad she finally came to accept and enjoy company. I suppose you never miss what you don't have, but once you have it, you can't live without it...
RIP Miniel, enjoy your company at the Bridge.

So sorry for your loss.:flowers1:

She was a doll! And I love her little fuzzie butt. Seems that she was very much loved :heart:

I am sorry for your loss. It's hard to believe anyone could think it acceptable to put such a naked little angel outside in February. Good thing Miniel had her own angel looking after her. Rest well little girl.

Back