URGENT: orphaned baby MICE need help

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SterlingRats0408

To my mice lovers/experts
I'm helping a friend of a friend with orphaned baby mice.
I'm trying to get details to figure out how old they are.
How often should they eat and about how much? She got the formula and I sent some baby oxbow over to mush up.
She's got heat sources and is doing everything we can think of. She has lost 2 ovee the past 36 hrs :(

See orphaned babies thread in the reference section of this forum for the answers to all of your questions re feeding frequency, food, how, care, etc Massaging abdomen/bottom with a damp cotton ball extremely impt in order to get them to eliminate, otherwise they will die.
http://www.ratshackforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21486

Best thing is to get a mama nursing a litter, make babies smell the same and add them.

Last edited:
we fed ours kmr from a paint brush every 2 hours so it will depending on how old they are on how much they wll need. THe paint brush is the safest method to feed something that small.

They are wild mice. I will try to contact my friend who has a Momma mouse (I have tried her already)
She has the formula. Not sure how she was administering it.
Thanks

Last babies passed away last night. Thanks for all your help guys. If I'd have been able to help sooner maybe but the girl had no clue what to do and did only what she could find for info last minute.

Thanks again

Back