Two female rats in need of a loving home :(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubblesmccoy

I am so sad to say that we have to get rid of our rats. It turns out that my husband is severely allergic and hasn't been able to breath in about a month and a half. We have tried everything! We got them July 13th and at that time we were told that they were 6-8 weeks old. I'm in southern Ontario......is anyone able to help???

Are you in Toronto? And would they come with a cage? I could take them in but I dont have a spare cage right now.
Thank you so much Minnieflower. I live Hamilton Mountain and yes they would come with the cage. I forgot to mention that we have two daughters who have grown quite attached to the rats and my husband is torn. His sanity and breathing vs hurting his daughters by removing the rats from our home. He's having a tough time deciding. What part of Toronto are you in?

Is anyone able to transport from hamilton to toronto? Bubblesmccoy is offering a 40 dollar gift card for gas to whoever can pick them up. Please pm me if you can help

Since you sound uncertain, you might want to know:\

Often people are allergic to the bedding, not the rats.
Hepta air filters with replaceable carbon filters can help

Neutering male rats helps to reduce the allergen in their urine, don't know if spaying will help with girls who naturally have less allergen

Jorats and others have dealt with allergies to rats.
If you have not done so, you may want to talk to her

I am allergic to intact males, but about a month after getting them neutered I have no issues. Never had a problem with females. :)

Yes if you are uncertain you may want to consider ways to reduce the allergies. If it helps great. If it doesn't at least you know you tried. I get allergies to rat babies that go away as my rats become adults. There is a whole thread regarding allergies under the Rat Chat and Pics section of the forum.

Back