Places to buy CN?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shelley

Hi!

I am hoping to get pet rats again, but it has been a few years. I really miss having rats around, but I unfortunately no longer have any of my old cages. I still have my FN, but the bar spacing has always been an issue for young or smaller rats in the past so I am looking to buy a Critter Nation. I am in York Region and haven't been able to find anywhere to get it from yet. Are there any places to buy online that ship to Canada with decent prices?

Thanks!

Amazon.ca is the cheapest place to get them from now, shipping is free across Canada, you just have to select free 'Super Saver' shipping.

I second amazon.ca. It is the cheapest option and shipping is free. If you sign up for the free 30 day prime membership, you get free 2 day shipping or 1 day shipping for $3.99.

There is also chinchilla.ca. You'd have to pay for shipping. They are located in Brampton so you can also go pick it up and save on shipping.

I checked out Amazon.ca, and they have it listed at $376... which seems a little high compared to Flower Town Chinchilla's which lists it at $274.95 (but then there is shipping).

I found a website called Wayfair, they have it for $224 USD, but shipping seems reasonable. I am not sure if the shipping price includes duties & taxes as I have never ordered from them before. I could probably give them a call or e-mail to find out. :)

The critter nation is usually under 300$ on amazon.ca i got mine for around 220$ i think.. I just looked on the page and saw this

"Item Under Review While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.ca because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)
We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible."

So it looks like amazon is currently not selling it for some reason, which is why the price is so much higher.. If you can hold out a bit, I'd say wait until amazon gets the issue sorted and then order from them

Thanks! I did see that message and was wondering what was going on. I had looked only a few days ago and thought that Amazon had it for a cheaper price then that. Good to know I'm not going crazy! Lol.

I am definitely not in any rush right now, so I will hold off for a bit and see if Amazon starts offering it again. If not, I may try Wayfair as I found an FAQ that states duties & taxes are included in the price at checkout.

For now, I will look at the other threads and get some decorating ideas. :D

On Wayfair it would be $309 CAN. There is also Ferret.com and it would be $322 with shipping. I personally would wait for it to come back on Amazon. I've gotten two of them from amazon for $230 or so. But you can ask Chinchilla.ca how much shipping would be.

I will definitely wait and see, it just depends how long it is down on Amazon for. I am fine waiting a few weeks, but if it is more then a month I will look into other options. At the moment I am thinking about getting rats in early October, so I have a while still.

If you do order from the states definitely make sure they are not using UPS for transport. They have a way off adding hidden charges post payment.

Back