Rat Rescues in Southern Ontario

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Onlymaddie

Are there any? At all? I've been searching the web for about a week now and I honestly can't find one. There's one in Ottawa, but that's a little bit far. Really, are there any?

Are there any? At all? I've been searching the web for about a week now and I honestly can't find one. There's one in Ottawa, but that's a little bit far. Really, are there any?

Where are you? There are a few and there are a few private rescuers that do adoptions.

Are you looking for rats right now? I volunteer at a shelter in Montreal and we recently got overwhelmed with a lot of rats. We have 10 of them available for adoption right now (eight 5 week old babies and two approx. 1 year old females) and a bunch of us are going to an event in Toronto in 3 weeks. If you can meet us in TO and your application is approved, we could definitely work something out.

I'm thinking more of future adoption, as I have to see how my roommates feel about it. That is good to know that there ARE rescues I can find... it just takes a little more digging!
Also, for reference, I'm in the Kitchener/Waterloo area.

Best thing that I can recommend is to post a thread on here when you are ready saying what you are looking for and how far you would be willing to travel to pick them up - or if you need some help with transport. Many people will have you fill out an adoption application so be prepared for that.

Hopefully you can work something out with victoria though, those rats in Montreal need a good home.

Like it's been said, there are lots of rats out there needing homes, either through 'official channels' like the SPCA or Humane Society, or through the many private rescues out there. So yes! please do post on the Shack when you are ready as there will always be some ratties out there waiting for a forever home, in Ontario or away. Many of us have participated in a 'rat train' to get a needy rat many km to a new home. Whatever it takes, we can make it happen. :)

I'm in Sarnia (about 2/2.5 hrs away) I run a rescue here. There is several in Toronto and a few between. You're in the right place to find them and congrats on choosing adoption!

Back