What kind of coat does my little girl have?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Onlymaddie

Her momma is rex and her daddy is velveteen. The breeder says she is either double rex, patchy, hairless, or fuzzy. I know they're all similar, but narrowing things down would be nice. She's about a month old in these pictures. Thanks for any input!! :)

25s7urd.jpg

24ne26f.jpg

I am so bad with narrowing down exact colors and markings, but she is a truly beautiful little girl. Does she have a sister or playmate to keep her company? Just as an FYI, getting rats that need a home, from rescues or shelters is always the better option than purchasing from breeders...too many unwanted rats out there and too many disreputable people breeding them like crazy.

She is one of my three girls. Mio, Maize, and Fawn :) one is her sister, and the other is a rescue. For my next girls I'll definitely be looking at rescues. The breeder really is reputable, she has great reviews from many people and treats the babies very, very well. I'm definitely going to look for rescues from now on though :)

Oh she is such a cutie! We may have to wait a bit to be able to tell for sure. If she is a month there though her hair is awfully thin. My bet is on hairless! (I am biased, buy hey whatever)

She is one of my three girls. Mio, Maize, and Fawn :) one is her sister, and the other is a rescue. For my next girls I'll definitely be looking at rescues. The breeder really is reputable, she has great reviews from many people and treats the babies very, very well. I'm definitely going to look for rescues from now on though :)

Oh super! And I am glad she has some girlfriends to be happy with, and a sister too, nice! :p

She's adorable <3 I would love a hairless one day, I'm not sure how common they are in rescue situations but I will definitely jump on them if any come up. I'm betting she is a double rex. So adorable, glad she has buddies.

Her whiskers are curly which makes me think maybe double rex as well. Imo (although not everyone will agree) there is nothing wrong with purchasing from an ethical breeder. The problem comes when one supports a backyard breeder. But yes there are so many amazing rats needing rescue that it's great we as a community encourage that.

Wow, that photo of her with the little octopus toy just killed me...she is such a precious! Such big beautiful eyes..she is so innocent and sweet as can be. Take good care of this angel! :)

Her floppy dumbo ears are just so adorable. Something about dumbo ears on a baby, wow, how you can resist wanting to scoop these sweet babies up and smooch them! :cuddle:

What a beautiful, dainty little boo boo! Oh I just love her. She does look very rexy. If you have anymore pics of her I'd love to see them ;) She's so sweet.

I'm currently away from home working in a camp kitchen, but as soon as I get home I think I'm going to dedicate a thread to pictures of my girls - they're all so beautiful!

Back