WHO will Sit my Rats????

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canarats

If you are willing and able to rat sit for other rat lovers in times of crisis, please post your city and province/state here. Remember also, many people are willing to travel out of state for a caring sitter. Some with cars may even be willing to pick up Maybe we can make a database of some sort?
Lets have each other's rats' backs .

I'm able to rat sit one to three rats, at this time speutered ones only as I've got an intact male but this will change in time.

(I will consider more depending on circumstances)

I do not drive, however so can't do any pick ups or drop offs. I require that the rats owner leave contact info, money for a cab to the vet in case of an emergency (if they aren't available to do it) or provide the name/contact number of a person willing to transport a sick/injured rat. For planned vacations and people leaving the immediate area, I do ask $10 per day and the rats' food etc must be provided.

I will also be available to do QT after my boyz pass, as I'm taking a break from personal rats til I have a vet fund built up.

ETA: might help if i said where I am, eh? Southern NH, Manchester to be exact.

Last edited:
I can rat sit!!!! Lower mainland, BC
Cannot travel to states or to other provinces, however will pick up within an hr of Chilliwack.

Chicago, willing to check on rats in the area, but not too sure about bringing them into my house. I have a lot of boys right now that I don't need catching anything or vice versa. After all, rats can be sick without us knowing it.

I can rat sit here in MI...like dspch I would prefer to be able to stop by your house daily instead of bringing them to mine, but if you're more than an hour or two away, we could work something out. :)

Oh goodness! I'm such a nomad but if timing and location work, I miss having rats and would be happy to sit!
Possibilities are Westchester, NY and QC, near Ottawa. I can also possibly help with transport between QC and MD if a cage needs to be brought to the sitter. Try me if you're on the East Coast, lol!

Back