The Buckeyes - New photos 8/24/14

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dspch911

This guy is named after our favorite vet that up and left the practice. Although it was rude, we are honoring him since he helped extend the lives of many of our boys and gave Kona a chance by trying bromo/dex even though he knew nothing about that treatment for rats. We're calling him Torres
IMG_7930_zps37fdffd8.jpg

The guy in back is Hawk, if you look closely you can see he has a tiny white mohawk, that is Torres in front.
IMG_7932_zps157f74e3.jpg

Weston (named by my son, after the town in Ohio we traveled to that put us in position to get these boys (New Weston)) is on the left and Torres is on the right.
IMG_7933_zpsc2a1c825.jpg

Hank (named after my friend that recently passed of cancer) is on the right. He has one spot and his back and Hank was one of a kind!
IMG_7921_zps0199f4a4.jpg

Your guess is as good as mine as to who these little guys are. I cannot see their backs. :laugh:
IMG_7946_zpsa63ba247.jpg

I think this is Hank...
IMG_7942_zps691c042f.jpg

I originally got Hank and Torres for my mom since she was showing interest in wanting a pair, but she decided she could not go through the heartache of losing them to her, they are Bert and Ernie (they didn't like those names)

They came from this liter http://www.ratshackforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30315

Last edited:
Awwww!!! I'm so happy to see pictures of these lil guys. Love all the names, each is so original. Thanks so much for helping me out and giving these boys a loving home. I'm truly happy for them.

Gahhhh! They are so precious! Look at those beautiful dumbo ears in the last picture! I want to gobble these boys up, they are are so dang cute! So glad you have them, Dspch, they really are beautiful! :lovestruck:

They are getting bigger and I have so many new pictures to post if I could just find the time. Clark finds them interesting, but I think he wonders why there are little Clark look alikes in the house. Hank is definitely the fearless one and Torres we rarely see - he's always hiding..... They are so fast and slippery too....

With Bumbles unexpected passing today "The Buckeyes" got an upgrade in living space... They were able to move into the upper portion of the DCN - they are so funny running around in there and they look so tiny in that space.. Wally on the other hand, does not seem happy to have upstairs roomies and he wants the top half back. Anyway, they are enjoy the space and the ability to climb, run, and jump.... Party time !!! :woohoonaner:

Yay babies! Do they have a wheel too?

Sorry to hear about Bumbles :(
Going to look for his thread...

Yes and no, they had a small one in their little cage, but I forgot to transfer it. Well, actually daddy cleaned and decorated the cage while I was at work, but I think they are getting a little to big for it and they are too small for the big one.

Here are some photos I took last week and some I tried to take of them in their new CN ....

IMG_8023_zps5549b957.jpg

IMG_8026_zpse7666cac.jpg

Just how many baby ratties can fit in one of these??? Two?

IMG_8042_zpsb112e033.jpg

How about all FOUR!?!

IMG_8046_zpsdea011df.jpg

Now that they are in the CN they all sleep in different spots. A lot of the time they sleep out in the open - I find this strange since all my other ratties hide or sleep in rat piles. However, this is what happens when I try to take a picture of my cute baby ratties sleeping...
IMG_8103_zpsd0921cdf.jpg

Well, you can see the lumps.... they all hid on me.... Gotcha little one!
IMG_8099_zps43214d76.jpg

Very sweet. I love it when they sleep out in the open, that's how comfortable and secure they feel.

I tried to get a picture of one the other day sleeping out in the open on his head with his brother's running around him - not a care in the world. However, apparently the camera bothers him - forget his brothers running around on and over him.... :crazy3:

Such cuties! I love the shot with their wee noseys poking out.

The 15 babies I fostered last summer were similar. Once they got used to their new home, they would pass out wherever they happened to be, not worrying about taking cover. Maybe it's just a youngster thing.

Beautiful pictures, I love them! Your boys are such handsome cuties! They look very happy and you can tell they feel safe and secure. Awesome! (I also thought their pirate themed hammock was adorable too). :D

Beautiful pictures, I love them! Your boys are such handsome cuties! They look very happy and you can tell they feel safe and secure. Awesome! (I also thought their pirate themed hammock was adorable too). :D

I love the pirate fabrics and dinosaurs. I only have boys so we keep it manly!

Back