Great News!-Best Friend Rodent Rescue

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vladina

Hello fellow ratty parents,

Just wanted to give out a quick congrats to my local rat rescue shelter, Best Friend Rodent Rescue, in Everett, Washington (about 20 minutes outside of Seattle).

Joanne, who tirelessly runs this non-profit, all volunteer shelter with love and pure devotion, finally got her 501 (c)(3) status, yay!

This is the shelter that my husband and I adopted Achilles and Maximus from. Fantastic shelter and Joanne is known far and wide in our corner of Washington State as a tremendous advocate and caregiver for homeless ratties. If anyone reading this happens to live in Washington State and is looking to adopt a ratty to give a forever home to, this is a great place to go.

Joanne has a strict application process (as it should be!) to ensure all her shelter ratties go to well prepared and loving homes. Any of her fur kids that do not find homes always have their forever home with her. :)

Here is her website link for anyone interested. http://www.bfrr.org/

Congrats Joanne, you deserve it! :joy:

Last edited:
That is awesome news. I am hoping to get the funds up at some point for the filing fee wont happen anytime soon.

Joanne, yeah, I have heard getting that filing done is really expensive, eh? :( I had no idea really!

Yeah! Just heard back from Joanne at the shelter (I showed her my post to make sure I did not incorrectly say something about her shelter) and she was very pleased and flattered. She deserves kudos, like all people who really care about the welfare of homeless rats in need of loving homes. I can think of soooo many people on this forum who deserve applause as well. :)

Joanne, yeah, I have heard getting that filing done is really expensive, eh? :( I had no idea really!

850.00 for a filing fee and you are not promised to be accepted. THEy can deny you and you are out of the money. No joke there. That is why I am keeping detailed dollar amounts of what I spend each month.

Yes, Godmother and Jorats, always nice to see a really good rescue going strong!

Hope, wow, I had no idea that it was 850 dollars for the filing fee and it just goes out the window with no refund if you do not get accepted. Yikes! To me, that kind of money may as well be a million dollars. That must be so frustrating! :(

Back