What does your rattie make a best with?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littles

So my ratties get to free range when I'm home and we usually keep the bedroom door shut but we forgot tonight and I went looking for Norbert and found him (looking super pleased with himself might I add) lying on a 5$ bill under my bed along with some other treasures he had found to make a new best with lol just wanted to see what other fun stuff people have found their ratties so proud of!

Ahh yes, I have one for you! My big squishy hooded boy Achilles fell in love with one particular item one day.

I had an empty dental floss container that had just run out of floss. I was just getting ready to pick it up and put into the trash and Achilles snagged it and was just so proud of it! This was particularly interesting as he was never much interested in toys or stashing things, but boy did he LOVE this, for some reason! Maybe it was the smell of mint? Or the color? Not sure!

He stuck his nose into it, played with it, and then carried it around in his mouth and seemed to actually pose with it when I took this photo, ha ha.

I think he was saying, "This green thing is MINES! I FOUNDS IT!" :D

Last edited:
So my ratties get to free range when I'm home and we usually keep the bedroom door shut but we forgot tonight and I went looking for Norbert and found him (looking super pleased with himself might I add) lying on a 5$ bill under my bed along with some other treasures he had found to make a new best with lol just wanted to see what other fun stuff people have found their ratties so proud of!

Ha ha, so cute! A five dollar bill, go figure! Rats can become so fascinated with the most interesting things that you would never guess they would care about. :)

Ahh yes, I have one for you! My big squishy hooded boy Achilles fell in love with one particular item one day.

I had an empty dental floss container that had just run out of floss. I was just getting ready to pick it up and put into the trash and Achilles snagged it and was just so proud of it! This was particularly interesting as he was never much interested in toys or stashing things, but boy did he LOVE this, for some reason! Maybe it was the smell of mint? Or the color? Not sure!

He stuck his nose into it, played with it, and then carried it around in his mouth and seemed to actually pose with it when I took this photo, ha ha.

I think he was saying, "This green thing is MINES! I FOUNDS IT!" :D

I feel like this would make a great poster to hang in a dentists office. Maybe captioned "give a rat's ass about your tooth hygiene - floss daily!"

Very cute pic :)

Omg tooo cute of a picture!!! My rats like the dental floss actually they really like my lipgloss and mascara ugh so much money spent replacing lol but a dental floss box hahaha too adorable :p

Aww, thanks Littles and Tembla! I thought it was a cute photo myself! He looks so territorial about that dental floss! :D

Tembla, great idea for a dentist office poster, I love it! :lol:

Dewi found a peach. You can see by the look in his eyes he'd hit the jackpot.

photo112_zpsf6e06ec7.jpg

photo38_zps38d1016e.jpg

photo48_zps2510066b.jpg

photo58_zps877cd2e4.jpg

photo211_zps5a4582db.jpg

Hahah that thing is way bigger then his head! Don't you feel bad taking away their treasure especially when then they squeak and cry [emoji14] sometimes I catch them stealing my stuff and when I try and take it away oh I feel so bad

Oh god yeah, I would hate that! Luckily, I have never really had any boys that got so obsessed with something that they did not want to let it go...they normally get bored with their object after a minute and lose interest on their own...lucky for me...I would have a hard time taking something away from them that they didn't want to part with! (I am a notorious pushover with my rats). :roll:

Wow, Dewey DID hit the jackpot! A whole peach, ooooh! Lucky baby!

He is really enjoying that too! What cute photos! (Dewey is just a doll, by the way, what a precious!)

Oh god yeah, I would hate that! Luckily, I have never really had any boys that got so obsessed with something that they did not want to let it go...they normally get bored with their object after a minute and lose interest on their own...lucky for me...I would have a hard time taking something away from them that they didn't want to part with! (I am a notorious pushover with my rats). :roll:

You a pushover?! No!

Aww how sweet!!!

There was a time when my rats would always steal my math homework. It was only math. I think it had to do with the specific paper we used and the loads of graphite on it-- I'm bad at math and it takes me a lot of scrap work...

Aida, that is really cute! I am imagining you telling the teacher, "Uhh, my rat stole my math homework...really!" :lol:

Personal theory on that? Rats like math homework because they are actually studying it closely in efforts toward their future goal of taking over the WORLD! Yah!! :D

Back