Hello!!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubble321

Hi everyone! I have two ratties.... One is a grayish curly haired dumbo named Whiskers and the other is a blond dumbo named Esther. Esther has a very large benign mammary tumor that we hope to get rid of soon!
:bliss:

image.jpg

Whiskers is a little over a year old. She fell and scratched her eye when she was being babysat. Poor baby. Her other eye is fine. Here's a pic of my other baby Esther ( they're both sisters- I guess the mom liked to get around hence why they look different haha),
https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/db75/esther-s-surgery-fund
She's had this benign tumor grow rapidly for a couple months now and removal is a must. She had a $200 estrogen suppressor injected to slow down the growth a couple months ago. The vet said he didn't recommend spaying her before the tumor removal- as it'll still grow. I've called other vets around my area (I live in San Diego) and they all charge the same price for tumor removal, many of the vets don't even treat rats so there's only a handful of clinics. I go to avian and exotic animal hospital and the two vets there know their rats really well and see ratties on a daily basis. It's just so expensive.

Back