Hi!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AboutPetRats

Hi There!

I live in the Portland Oregon area and am obsessed with rats....in a good way! :) Every since I first learned about rats as pets in 1990, I haven't lived without them.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here and sharing some helpful rat information with one another.

Here are some photos of my two girls, Vera and Nora.

souped-up-vera2-300x225.jpg

about to take a nap.jpg

Vera and Nora 10-12-13.jpg

nora.jpg

Nora and Vera Yawning.jpg

nora 7-21-14d.jpg

Welcome! I am in the Seattle area so I guess you and I are (sort of) neighbors, ha ha.

Oh my gosh, I LOVE that yawn pic! Just beautiful! Your girls are so pretty and I love their names! Looking forward to having you on the forum!

I know, I know, you've heard it before, but what a great yawn shot! And your girls are quite striking. They must be sisters with those markings.
Welcome to the Shack! It's always great to have another rat lover on board. :)

Thank you Morgan, Joanne and Joanne! I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you.
Vera and Nora are not from the same litter---they're three months apart. I got them from a woman who rescued them and am not sure but they probably do have the same parents. So I guess they'd still be sisters even if they're not from the same litter?!
Everyone sure does love that yawn shot. They're so cute when they yawn. I love how they often stretch out one hand while yawning. :love7:

Those yawns with the arm stretch are considered a form of affectionate greeting from rats...so when you receive one from your girls, you should feel flattered and loved! :)

I love their little face patches! so adorable :) and the yawning picture looks like they're singing! I wonder what song it is? haha

Hey, I just saw your awesome double yawn pic on the National Geographic thing called "Not your Average Pet!" I don't have Facebook, but my husband does and he was scanning for Littles' photos to vote for them and he saw your photo and voted for it while he was looking for Littles' photos, ha ha. Great!

Vladina, thanks for mentioning that an arm stretch during a yawn is an affectionate greeting. I'd never thought about it in that way. Now that you mention it, though, I can see that it's a special and meaningful gesture.

Godmother, Marissaceleste and littles, thanks for the warm welcome.

littles, you inspired me to enter the contest. We need to show the world how great rats are, right? I just love the photo you submitted of your rat peeking out from under the couch.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

You are so welcome, and we are very happy to have a new member here! Speaking of that photo submission thing for National Geographic, I was actually wondering how I could submit a few ratty photos myself!

Back