Adobe flash player

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dspch911

My adobe flash player keeps crashing on this site - does anyone know why? I keep uninstalling and reinstalling... I cannot see videos posted because of this. It started about a month ago.

Last edited:
Nevermind, I changed from foxfire to google chrome and everything is working just fine now. Stupid computer stuff!!! If someone wants to delete this thread feel free to do so

You're running the latest version of Firefox too?

I've had occasional flash/browser issues in the past, particularly with Google Chrome. Issues I had with Firefox just seemed to work themselves out in time - probably as a result of updates to Flash and the browser itself.

So, unless you're inclined to research the particular symptoms of the problem you're having with Firefox and look for solutions, you could just wait and see if the problem will disappear on its own in a while. ;)

You're running the latest version of Firefox too?

I've had occasional flash/browser issues in the past, particularly with Google Chrome. Issues I had with Firefox just seemed to work themselves out in time - probably as a result of updates to Flash and the browser itself.

So, unless you're inclined to research the particular symptoms of the problem you're having with Firefox and look for solutions, you could just wait and see if the problem will disappear on its own in a while. ;)

I'm having problems with the chrome now too. So I've uninstalled and reinstalled firefox, chorme, firefox - I don't even remember what I am using now (computer at home) and did updates... :emb::emb:

I'm having problems with the chrome now too. So I've uninstalled and reinstalled firefox, chorme, firefox - I don't even remember what I am using now (computer at home) and did updates... :emb::emb:

Chrome has its own version of Flash that it updates automatically. Unfortunately, installing a Flash update yourself, for use with the Firefox browser for instance, can result in Chrome trying to run two instances of Flash at the same time (its own and the one manually installed). Obviously, this can result in a conflict. Thankfully, it shouldn't be a hard problem to fix.

In the address line of Google Chrome, type in about:plugins

You should now see a page listing the plugins that Chrome is using.

Look for Adobe Flash.

If you see Shockwave Flash listed twice, then Chrome is currently running two instances of Flash.

The instance of Flash with a location that ends in "pepflashplayer.dll" is the one Chrome updates itself.

The easiest way to fix this problem is to disable one of the Flash plug-ins. To do this, just click the blue "disable" link for one of the instances of Flash. I'm not sure that it makes a difference which one you disable so long as Chrome is only running one Flash plug-in. Should you change your mind later, you can easily re-enable any plug-in you disable.

Close Chrome and re-open it. Hopefully, this will resolve your Flash issue with the Chrome browser.

Back