The others keep biting Stump's stump! :(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueSkyy

My rat Wallace Stumptail has a stump for a tail... it's only about an inch long.

The other rats keep biting it and hurting him! How can I stop them from going after his nub? It's not a common thing but about once a month someone will bite his tail stump hard enough to leave a mark. :( He's very protective and tucks it close to his body. I don't want to have it removed because it will mess up his balance.

Aw, poor little stump man .... Could he learn to adjust without the tail? I really have no idea what you could do.

Cinna bit his stump last night; today he's been licking it and it hurts him so he squeaks. :( I'm gonna grab a q-tip and try to put some Neosporin on it (too afraid to use my finger in case he chomps me!)

Poor little guy. If you catch them doing it, you could try a time out cage. Put them in the time out cage each time some rat goes after it.

It's weird that they focus on it because it's different. They never pay any attention to "normal" tails. He seems to be squeaking less now; hopefully they leave him alone. :(

Will bitter spray hurt an open wound? Is it for sure the others will leave it alone and not perhaps actually attract them to it?

Back