Beautiful lone older girl needs a good home - Moncton NB

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good thing I called first!! I'd planned to get her tomorrow and called to make sure she was still there. She was still on the web site.

She was gone, but not adopted. She'd be transferred to another SPCA. Too bad that she'd been sent to Miramichi (5-hr drive there and back) instead of Oromocto (40-minute drive).

But she is still alive and available, so I'll be making the trek tomorrow morning. I want that senior ratty to have a comfortable retirement with cagemates.

We were well on the way when I got a call from Miramichi SPCA. The rat in the photo had been sent to them a couple of weeks ago and had been adopted, but they did have a solo female of unknown age.

We adopted her, and she's a sweetie, but she doesn't look at all old to me. She's a black dumbo hoodie, who probably would have found a home locally. Anyway, it's good to have her with is.

Their shelter is run by very caring people. I gave them the Rat Shack address and the name of the two best rat foods. They had Oxbow Refal Rat in with her, and they got it at a local store.

I haven't decided on a name for her yet. She has a smorgasbord to keep her fed on the drive home: lab block mush, porridge, peas, corn, kale, sweet potato, kamut puffs, Oxbow and HT 2014. She will surely like one of those!

Potential names:
Eunice - for my lovely Grade 2 teacher
Athena -- because I'm on a Greek theme lately
Thias (short for Phythias), for the daughter of Pythagoras
Hadley -- a town in England of which I have fond memories

I'm leaning toward one of the last two names

Back