Farewell my Sweetibelle

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhapsody

October 13, 2012 - July 25, 2014

monochrome_sweetibelle_zps3b78d0b8.jpg

Passings never really happen at a "good" time, but Sweetibelle's is especially hard. I'm leaving home in several hours to attend "Librarian Summer Camp" on the opposite coast, and I arranged for my ratties to be rat-sat by that awesome TheRatQueen. Earlier tonight I had just finished packing up their supplies, and was loading them into their carrier when I discovered Sweetibelle ... gone. Poor darling had been having some respiratory flare ups this past month, but I thought we managed to bring it under control. I had alerted TheRatQueen to her condition, and made sure to pack her meds. *Sigh* No time to grieve, and I'm trying real hard not to cry since stuffy noses on a plane is just unbearable. I am thankful though that she managed to pass at home. Nothing worse than pet-sitting for someone and having that critter pass away under your watch.

Rest well Sweetie-pie.

Hugs to you. Play hard at the bridge sweetibelle.

Enjoy yourself at that camp. Is that amber watchng your babies? If so she will be great with them :)

Safe travels to the Bridge, Sweetibelle... I'm glad she passed at home though, so no one had the guilt and what-ifs from being in a new place.
It's tough not to be able to grieve properly - I hope you can find some time alone to reflect on her passing and come to terms with it. It probably won't hit you until you get home and she's not there. Sorry...
:hugs:

oh so sorry your Sweetibelle left you so suddenly and that now you'll be traveling and can't properly grieve right away

she has a very innocent but inquisitive look on her face in that photo

play hard at the bridge pretty girl

Is that amber watchng your babies? If so she will be great with them :)

Yup, Amber graciously offered to rat-sit even though she's also rabbit-sitting (and fostering!) at the same time. She's got a passel of oldies/sickies herself, so I was actually glad I didn't end up burdening her with this as well.

Beautiful photo of a beautiful girl...I am so sorry for your loss and it must be so hard to have to put your grieving on hold for a bit, to get through your trip. But yes, it must give you a sense of relief that Sweetibelle passed at home and not at a different place while you were gone. That would have been very hard for me too. Just such a pretty lady she was.. rest peacefully and have loads of fun at the Bridge, Sweetibelle...you will be missed. :flowers2:

Back