How common is this?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThePokemonMaster

Athena seems to need Amanda to feel confident. She'll actually hold Amanda 's tail and follow her around as if Amanda's tail was a leash. I can't quite explain it, but since Amanda is so confident, it's like Athena wants to be around her to feel secure. (I should not Athena isn't skittish or scared, just kind of shy.)

Athena seems to need Amanda to feel confident. She'll actually hold Amanda 's tail and follow her around as if Amanda's tail was a leash. I can't quite explain it, but since Amanda is so confident, it's like Athena wants to be around her to feel secure. (I should not Athena isn't skittish or scared, just kind of shy.)

Amanda is your alpha, she's the leader, and the confident one. Athena is the subordinate and takes comfort and courage from her leader sister. The tail holding is a baby thing, not too common, but not completely uncommon. It will pass in time. :D

Amanda is your alpha, she's the leader, and the confident one. Athena is the subordinate and takes comfort and courage from her leader sister. The tail holding is a baby thing, not too common, but not completely uncommon. It will pass in time. :D
I didn't know about that, thank you!

I agree, that sounds too sweet!! I've had a lot of shy rats who would follow around the alpha rat. sometimes being with a bolder rat will bring a shy rat out of their shell, too, in time
;-)

Back