Moving rats across a country to another country

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aranel05

Hello everyone!

This coming September I am going to be moving from Ontario to the US (Specifically, Oregon). I am currently in the process of deciding A) whether it is fair to my rats to move them such a far distance, B) if it is possible to move them from Canada to Oregon, and C) how I am going to get them there.

If I have to fly to Oregon, I don't know that is fair to bring my rats with me. As far as I know (and by this I mean I have been doing research) most airlines do not allow rats and

I think you're post was cut off - I feel like you had more to say after the "and" :p

I know that some people have rats flown from the states to Ontario - so it is possible. Not sure the mode or method they had though.

Flying with any animal is a bad idea unless the animal is with you at all times.

Animals are frequently lost by airlines.
Large animals also escape from cages and attack smaller animals.
Crates and cage break open and animals escape into the interior of the plane or exit the plane. Many are never found alive.
Like luggage, animals are sent to the wrong destinations, lost and their cages are mishandled.

I think you're post was cut off - I feel like you had more to say after the "and" :p

I know that some people have rats flown from the states to Ontario - so it is possible. Not sure the mode or method they had though.

Yes, my post somehow was cut off. I also managed to duplicate the post -- the cut-off part of this post is available in the other thread I created, which has the exact same name as this one (Sorry, sorry! I couldn't figure out how to delete one of the threads!).

Thanks for your helpful advice, everyone!

Back