Revolution Newbie

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueSkyy

So I'm picking up a tube of Revolution from my vet tonight. It's a tube of cat stuff, since I have 5 adult rats that need treated. I assume (I don't have the tube yet, picking it up in an hour) that it's 45 mg tube of 0.75mL volume with a 60 mg/mL strength. I can confirm this once I have it.

...Can anyone walk me through this? Do I really need to measure it in a syringe or is one drop per rat sufficient? Is the shoulders an okay spot? How long should I wait for it to dry/soak in?

Basically any and all advice is appreciated. I know this stuff is safer than Ivermectin but I don't wanna mess it up!

If you have a syringe and a tiny glass bottle it would be best, we can give more accurate dosing and if there's any left over, you can keep it for the future (the tube once its punctured evaporates in less than an hour)

If not, a drop her rat is perfect. Press down on the plastic cap hard as that will punch the hole.

I usually part the fur near the ear (top of the head) and put my dose on the skin as it will absorb into the blood stream faster. Most times I just do the next rat, but if you want to be more careful, then just try to distract them from grooming it off for 1 minute and you should be fine. It won't necessarily be dry right away.

Well, I did it. One drop per rat. It seems wrong that it's that easy! I was so tempted to do a drop and a half "to be sure." But I didn't. So they each got one single drop. :p Their fur was wet in that spot for a little bit after; hopefully that's normal.

Perfectly normal :)

Now do you have any idea how your babies got buggies? Could it have been from paper or wood-based beddings? If so you might want to freeze it for 48 hours before use to kill off any stowaways.

I use fleece. /shrug

Might start freezing their Oxbow.

How long before the scabs fall off? I'm doing this because Cinna has been aggressive since the mite scabs started showing and I'm hoping that by treating the mites his aggression subsides. Otherwise he may have to be neutered. He's over 1.5 years so it's not rattie puberty... it came on suddenly so might it have been itchy unhappy rat syndrome? ;)

I use fleece. /shrug

Might start freezing their Oxbow.

How long before the scabs fall off? I'm doing this because Cinna has been aggressive since the mite scabs started showing and I'm hoping that by treating the mites his aggression subsides. Otherwise he may have to be neutered. He's over 1.5 years so it's not rattie puberty... it came on suddenly so might it have been itchy unhappy rat syndrome? ;)

Do you use anything in the litter box?

The scabs should start drying out and coming off in 1-2 weeks. I often test them by gently scraping over them to see how easily they come off..."wet" fresh scabs won't, and "dry" old scabs will come off and the rat appreciates the gentle help :)

Last edited:
Back