Rat food

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calleigh

Hey posting again I have some Harlan 2014 rat food for anyone who needs them. I'm in Etobicoke if you want to pick it up or I could drop it off. Someone out there could use some free rat food.
Thanks

I am interested in taking it. What is the mill date on the food, and how much do you have (approx)? The date should be printed on the bottom of the bag.

The date on the bag would have been in the past, not the future. It is the date that it was milled and packaged, not the expiry date. If the food was left at room temperature, it has 6 months before it starts losing nutrition and if it was frozen, it has up to a year.

I still may be interested in taking it, but can someone remind me if it is unsafe to feed food past the 6 month/1 year mark, or food with an unknown date?

The date on the bag would have been in the past, not the future. It is the date that it was milled and packaged, not the expiry date. If the food was left at room temperature, it has 6 months before it starts losing nutrition and if it was frozen, it has up to a year.

I still may be interested in taking it, but can someone remind me if it is unsafe to feed food past the 6 month/1 year mark, or food with an unknown date?

Not unsafe just the nutrients lessen as time passes but its gradual not immediate.

Calleigh, are we able to meet sometime so that I can get some or all of this food from you? PM me if you want to figure out details. Thanks

Back