spending time with Norry (photos and videos)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petunia

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Norry never used to like to be held much, but now he's really enjoying his daily (or twice daily) baths and the little "toothbrush" brush outs I do afterward

he esp likes getting his ears skritched.

here's some photos and two videos for your viewing pleasure, although I imagine they are a lot more interesting to me than to anyone else

My old boy is down to about 425 grams (from a high of 630 in Feb and a lot of 413 a couple of weeks ago)
No idea how much longer we'll have together but I want to spend as much time as I can with him.

http://youtu.be/Et_Ou430v5A

http://youtu.be/zwKZipPbFbw

001.jpg

002.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

011.jpg

Petunia, this post really touched my heart...Norry is of course just a sweet and so precious boy and both videos showed so much love going on...I commented on both videos while trying not to cry. I know that someday you will be so glad you have these videos to look at.

I do not have to tell you to appreciate every moment, and to cherish every second with this special boy because you are already doing it. Seeing you care so much for him and rubbing him down in the towel, and just..being with him... it melted me.

There is something about Norry that really tugged at me... has such a sweet and innocent face and a gentle manner about him, sigh...I wanted to run to your house and swoop him up in my arms and bring him home with me! But, alas, we all know he is your baby and he loves his Mommy very much. Thank you so much for sharing this, and give Norry a kiss on his beautiful smudge nose from me. :cuddle:

P.S. Great tip on the toothbrush grooming...I never thought of a toothbrush before! I am going to do this with my boy Achilles.)

Last edited:
Petunia, I was thinking about Norry today (I fell in love with him so much). How is he doing lately? Pretty good I hope? Just wanted to check in on your sweet boy. :)

Vladina, thanks so much for asking about my boy. I'm just heading to bed, Im exhausted but I will write more tomorrow,
Norry is hanging in there, still enjoying his daily baths but not wanting me to fuss over him afterwards, he wants "down"

he has some rough times and some not so rough, I've got more photos, will post those soon

He said thanks for the kiss! he loves kisses <3

Aww, I am glad Norry liked his kiss, yay! And also so glad to hear he is hanging in there and enjoying his baths. What a precious boy he is! Looking forward to hearing more! All my love to sweet Norry. :tumkiss:

Oh Petunia Norry is just so beautiful :lovestruck: Those videos brought back precious memories of my last days nursing my lovely oldies. Adorable videos and he looks like he's in rattie heaven being rubbed like that. In the winter, I used to rub my oldies down with a fluffy towel next to the fire and they'd go to sleep on my lap.

Clairey, I just saw your post and yes, I fell in love with Norry too and those videos of him getting his special time with Mom just melted my heart too. Nothing tugs at my heart more than seeing elderly ratties getting that special one on one love and care from their human parents. I just love Norry also. I would wish this on ALL rats...to have a safe, loving and comfortable time in their later years. :cloud9: This thread about Norry is probably also doubly touching to me because my husband and I are spending lots of time with our own elderly rat, Achilles, who just lost his brother a month ago. We are cherishing every second of time with him and just enjoying his company for as long as we can (and giving him whatever he wants to make him as happy as possible while he is still with us).

Back