Then & Now Photos - Share Yours!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

temblabamomo

Hey guys -

I would love to see your then/now or before/after photos. Pics of your rat as a baby and as an adult, pics of poorly conditioned rescue rats and their amazing transformations after some TLC, or before/after of major surgeries (tumor removals or amputations). Even your double rexes pre and post molt.

I was looking at old photos (cuz it's Throwback Thursday, heh...) and found Tyrese's baby pic:
ypu6ysy5.jpg

This is him 1 yr later:
epu3ysy4.jpg

Wow, great thread, I love it! Wonderful photos of your babies as lil eepers and big bubs!

Here is our boy Achilles, two days after my husband and I adopted him and his brother from a local rat rescue. My wee little one! We loved his single black spot on his back, floating in a sea of white fur and we still sometimes call him our cow spot baby. :)

Here is Achilles now. He just celebrated his birthday a few days ago (2 years, 5 months)..MUCH bigger than his baby picture and then some. :rolleyes2: I already used this photo on his update thread recently, sorry, but it is a cute photo of his squinty smiling eyes. :)

And our feisty little berkshire, Maximus...this is also from their second day home with us.

This photo of Maximus (getting some fresh air with Daddy) was taken about a month before he passed away. Maxie just left us this past June 25th. He went peacefully in his sleep. We lost him very recently so I did not have the heart to leave him out of this then/now thread. We love and miss you so much, baby. :heart:

Last edited:
Here is Achilles now. He just celebrated his birthday a few days ago (2 years, 5 months)..MUCH bigger than his baby picture and then some. :rolleyes2: I already used this photo on his update thread recently, sorry, but it is a cute photo of his squinty smiling eyes. :)

Oh my god, I can't. What a big, huge squishy man!

black-girl_4822.jpg

Chloe at 3 weeks old.

38670_600.jpg

This was the last picture I took of Chloe. It was on her second birthday. She was healthy then but began to decline rapidly only a few days later and has since passed away.

These type of posts always make me feel better, like I am accomplishing things, when things ar starting to feel like you are just beating your head against a brick wall.

You are forbidden to ever feel bad about what you do! You litterally are a miracle maker, a ratty guardian angel, a saver of human and ratty souls... don't you dare feel bad about what you do!!! :scolding:

But hey... don't I know how deeply depressing and powerless you can feel when you see how stupid humans can be and how cold hearted most of them are, and when you see and meet the poor babies that you take in your care... You must be the strongest person I know - I for sure know I would have walked away in horror a long, long time ago! :hugs:

So back to topic! Bring those piccies along and remind us that miracles are possible!! :D

Aww, thanks Tembla and Kat...glad you like the photos! :)

Trihkal, Chloe was just a darling....her baby photo just melted me! I am so sorry for your loss. She grew up into a beautiful lady. :flowers3:

Shelagh, show your photos, of course! We would love to see your bubs! (Of course I know already you are going to make me cry like baby when I see some of the "before" photos. :tearful: Grrr...why am I such a cream puff???

Thanks Vladina and Temblabamomo! She was an incredible girl. My somewhere safe whenever I needed it.

Lilspaz you do some amazing work with these rats. I think we're all excited to see pictures and could use some success stories right about now.

Oh geez, the only kiddos in my current rattie crew that show much of a then-n-now change are my Sweetibelle and Scootaloo. And its definitely more of a size and ... girth difference, particularly Scootaloo. These girlies were the last rat babies I adopted nearly two years ago (I have since only taken in adults - I can keep up with them much easier).

Here's a dangle shot from October 22, 2012 (~ 6 weeks old)
ng03.jpg

And one from today
2014-07-19152714_zps9ccd02d7.jpg

Oh, and just for kicks, here's my hamster Vanellope at 20 days old
2014-04-24235115_zps0112d2ce.jpg

And 2 months later (pretty much her adult size - she'll just get wider as time goes on)
2014-06-09222059_zps823114a8.jpg

Gahhh! Scootaloo (what an amazing name!!) and Vanellope are just cutie pies! The before AND after photos are a tie for which is cutest! Or is the girl ratty in the photo Sweetibelle? Wow, you have wonderful names for your bubs, I love them!
Vanellope is one cute hammy ham! I love her! Great photos!

Gahhh! Scootaloo (what an amazing name!!) and Vanellope are just cutie pies! The before AND after photos are a tie for which is cutest! Or is the girl ratty in the photo Sweetibelle? Wow, you have wonderful names for your bubs, I love them!

*Sniff* They just grow up so darn fast!

I've got my not-so-little bro (he's 21!) to thank for Sweetibelle and Scootaloo's names - he's a huge My Little Pony fan. And Vanellope's name was inspired by my recent obsession with that movie Wreck It Ralph.

Its Scootaloo in the pics - Sweetibelle ended up pretty petite, and never gained the amount of chub as her sis.

Back